• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

chunkymorrinmunter

He does pick the (in my opinion) wrong team though.
And signs the players in the first place,

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He does pick the (in my opinion) wrong team though.
And there are selections that I wouldn't make either but the 'we' that Barum refers to is because at any decent club they win as a squad and they lose as a squad be it manager, coach or player. It is a collective responsibility.

MagzECFC

It was a poor performance but so much of the knee jerk abuse on here is unwarranted. Butterfield had actually a reasonable game, some people just have it in their heads that he's awful. Case example in front of me, lad gave him abuse after butterfield gave the ball away on the back of roughly 10 good passes/ control and calls him useless. He isn't useless. Fair play to him giving it back. He carried on with a cut foot from the studs up tackle he received and got a yellow for. If fans feel it's their 'right' to boo, then players also have a 'right' to defend themselves.
How can you defend Butterfield? He is well and truly passed it. Got muscled off the ball, offers nothing going forward (except the odd chip through ball) and just doesn't have the legs anymore. Got turned inside out against Argyle on the counter and couldn't keep up yesterday for their second.

With a full selection of midfielders Butterfield should not be in the side.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Surely we have someone who can deliver a better corner than McCallistar's feeble efforts... come on Tisdale our corner and free kick delivery has been extremely poor so far this season.

MagzECFC

And when players play for free and pay their own travel to games then by all means defend yourself against criticism. Until then take it on the chin, do your job and get better. Great example by Butterfield to the younger lads in the team though thats the sort of role model we need.

Mackster

Also because no one has decided to discuss it, Akinde should have had a red. That would have changed the game a bit and we would have had a better chance breaking down 9 men behind the ball rather than 10. That's the 3rd red card we haven't received in 5 games. Refereeing hasn't helped us at all with this injury spell.
I didn't think it was, the ref did make some poor decisions, but I don't think this was one of them.. For Akinde it was 40/60 ball, he was already committed to the tackle, he was fractionally late, but it didn't look malicious and it wasn't a studs up leg breaker. Granted it would have been a bit painful, but if you are not trying to make these tackles, you lose the game - like we did.

Take off the red & white specs and put the boot on the other foot, we would of being praising the level of commitment and would have been incensed if our player had been sent off. I think a yellow card was the correct decision. The bloke next to me didn't, I was in the back row of the stand, and he ran all the way down to vent his spleen, he got a police caution for it!

Last edited:

On the up

Because he can't control what happens once the players cross the line onto the pitch. Tis can point and shout and do a miriad of other things to try and get his point across during the game but if it doesn't sink into the players head there is simply nothing he can do. Once he's back on the training pitch and he see something during a training game, he can stop play and ask the questions, point out the answers. He, you or anybody else can't do that in the heat of battle.
Be surprised if you're right. Suspect players are very much controlled on what they allowed to do on and off the ball. Our lack to freedom at times is a big part of the current problem with our play.

On the up

The
I didn't think it was, the ref did make some poor decisions, but I don't think this was one of them.. For Akinde it was 40/60 ball, he was already committed to the tackle, he was fractionally late, but it didn't look malicious and it wasn't a studs up leg breaker. Granted it would have been a bit painful, but if you are not trying to make these tackles, you lose the game - like we did.

Take off the red & white specs and put the boot on the other foot, we would of being praising the level of commitment and would have been incensed if our player had been sent off. I think a yellow card was the correct decision. The bloke next to me didn't, I was in the back row of the stand, and he ran all the way down to vent his spleen, he got a police caution for it!
I didn't think it is as a red either. Akindi went in hard as did Ribs. Pity some of our other players didn't fancy putting in tackles. We tend to support trying to flick the ball away from players especially in midfield. Second goal was a great example of not getting stuck in when it matters, which cost us any chance of a comeback

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love
I'm pleased to say I did boo the rubbish that was on show. The players, management everyone deserved nothing less. Atleast I, and those that did were honest. A message needed to be made and for those who clapped or just accepted it are just deluded. Someone tried telling me the ref cost us the game. That was honestly laughable. We are utter rubbish. I have never felt more dejected after a game.

This season was meant to be the most exciting and interesting one in years. No excuses, we have the money, the players and everything in place to challenge but we just don't and we won't. I'm disappointed to say that I've reached the end of my tether with Tisdale now. I've kept quiet on this season as a whole as I have waited a fair amount of time to assess the season we're having but it just isn't good enough. We're going backwards and I'm struggling to get excited about anything to do with us this season. We were better last season for goodness sake. We won't get top 7, which is a real shame as I was confident before the season started. Something needs to change. We're boring and everything is now so predictable and stale. This isn't knee jerk. This has been building up throughout the season and yesterdays disaster just pushed me over the edge. We need something new and better.

Great post.

This really is D-Day for Tisdale: if we crash out of the FA Cup for the sixth consecutive season, and cannot mount a sustained push for even seventh spot despite a) four seasons at this level post-relegation, b) more money, and c) his own statement that this is the season to get excited, then I find it impossible to back the guy.

I said it earlier, but it really feels like Groundhog season as nothing whatsoever has changed in terms of performances, results and league standing

arthur

I said it earlier, but it really feels like Groundhog season as nothing whatsoever has changed in terms of performances, results and league standing
Absolutely, so
Someone respected needs to have a word in the managers shell like.
Who?

Who is Tisdale actually answerable to? Is that person/body capable of managing his performance?

Last edited: