• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Banning order for entering the field of play 'disproportionate'

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be honest the last day of the season, invasion of the pitch has been going on up and down the country for years. Generally it has been good humored and orderly, so it would seem that a "blind eye" is turned by officialdom, and quite rightly so in my humble opinion.

We seem to by and large avoid this at SJP by asking fans to stay off, and announcing that the team will reappear for player of the season presentation and signing of autographs etc.

I do recall occasions where the visiting team is being promoted and away fans have come on, and our fans have warmly applauded them. This is the spirit by which football should take place. So let the law be used to the letter when circumstances justify it, and be tolerant otherwise.

abertom

To be honest the last day of the season, invasion of the pitch has been going on up and down the country for years. Generally it has been good humored and orderly, so it would seem that a "blind eye" is turned by officialdom, and quite rightly so in my humble opinion.

We seem to by and large avoid this at SJP by asking fans to stay off, and announcing that the team will reappear for player of the season presentation and signing of autographs etc.

I do recall occasions where the visiting team is being promoted and away fans have come on, and our fans have warmly applauded them. This is the spirit by which football should take place. So let the law be used to the letter when circumstances justify it, and be tolerant otherwise.
Agree - would be hard legally to publish a list of acceptable/unacceptable social reasons but generally the circumstances above are ok. Unacceptable - going on pitch to goad players or opposition supporters or disrupting middle of a game/streakers/ambush marketing

Juan Kossof

Remember venturing out onto the pitch at the Don Valley. By the time I did it there were more people on the pitch than in the stands!