• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automobiles : Good,Bad & the Ugly.

Stelios

The engine noise seems to startle them to run into the road.

My cousin was tragically killed on his motorbike on the road out of Exmouth(top of Hulham Rd about 400 yds before the T junction) in 2000 by a deer jumping out of a field. It happened just after 6.30am in January, hence it was still dark. The investigation speculated that when he changed gear, the brief high revving startled the deer into running in the road via jumping a hedge, which caused the fatal collision.

Such is fate, his wife wanted him to drive the car to work that day, rather than ride his motorcycle 🙁
Blimey. That is terrible. What a way to go :(

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Came across a driver trying to turn south on the M5 coming off the J25(Taunton) north bound slip road.

035C4A01-60A5-4E67-8E05-AA60597146E7.jpeg

Alistair20000

Came across a driver trying to turn south on the M5 coming off the J25(Taunton) north bound slip road.

View attachment 15161
Jesus navas

Stelios

View attachment 15161
Feckin’ hell!

You do get the occasional story of an elderly driving driving for miles up the wrong way on a motorway

Mid Devon Grecian

View attachment 15161
Hope he was indicating 😬

Oldsmobile-88

Feckin’ hell!

You do get the occasional story of an elderly driving driving for miles up the wrong way on a motorway
The male driver looked about 30. I think he thought that the HGV that had slowed to a halt in lane one was letting him out !

OmanGrecian

Had a wipeout in my car on the A38 last week. Waiting to see if it is a write off. Hit standing water (was doing 60 at the time) and the steering just gave way and I couldn’t correct it. Enjoy the video of my dashcam.
View attachment trim.0D1FC292-64E7-4656-82D5-FAD25330315D.MOV

cannockred

Had a wipeout in my car on the A38 last week. Waiting to see if it is a write off. Hit standing water (was doing 60 at the time) and the steering just gave way and I couldn’t correct it. Enjoy the video of my dashcam.
View attachment 15166
Trust you are ok👍

OmanGrecian

Trust you are ok👍
Yep. No injuries and lucky to not hit anyone else

Antony Moxey

View attachment 15166
Dab of oppo would have sorted that and seen you drifting like a hero. Bonus points if your bird was with you and you calmly smiled at her and said ‘meant to to that’ finishing off with a knowing wink. She’d have been eating out of your hand.