• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Arry Redknapp

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Joke? Your sh*thouse rant is the REAL joke.Immune from criticism?. He was pulled by the police for "irregularities", none of which were proved , but were leaked to the press. "He's a c*nt, plain and simple" What a constructive post. You need to get out more.
No anti Surs bias from me. He simply put, is an awful manager. You'll find out when you just about beat relegation on the final day of the season, he'll keep his job, spend another 50/60 mill and still moan he needs more. He's done it everywhere he's been barring Bournemouth. He appears to be immune from criticism in the press and his alleged "dodgy dealings" were leaked to the press by the old bill. Funny that these alleged dodgy dealings have followed him around all his career. However, I liked the way he "let" Man City have Bellamy so he could have free reign on the (vastly overrated) Palacios, that was a good bit of work.

Poultice

He simply put, is an awful manager. /QUOTE]

In retrospect I feel we have all been a tad harsh on Harry, been around for ever with what have been basically small clubs and yet to my recollection only suffered a couple of relegations and never been sacked. Can't think of anyone outside of the chosen few with a better record over such a long period.

angelic upstart

Lest we forget he left Bournemouth cos of finances. He brought through some kids with the Irons (Though they were their before him so to speak) and bought Marco Boogers and Paolo Futre and a number of other bad buys for em and left under a cloud. He went to Pompey (I think) with Mandaric and kept em up. He then left under a cloud (again). He went to So'ton and left under a cloud shortly after. Went back to Pompey and bought loads of duff players and some good ones on mental wages, he then, you guessed it, left "under a cloud". He's now at Spurs, spending money and if history conntinues will either get them relegated, make them bankrupt or perhaps, leave under a cloud.

Poultice

Can't argue with you Upstart, all I'm saying is he hasn't really spent worse than plenty of others and, last seasons FA Cup notwithstanding, despite not winning owt has not been a complete disaster.

angelic upstart

In fairness, and if I was perhaps a little more balanced. You would be right.
He will still balls it up at Spurs though.

Mackster

Oh Dear... some people can't seem to get over their media induced anti-Tottenham bias!. As a new year resolution, try and believe what you are fed by others less, and make an effort to think for yourselves.Dear oh fackin dear........
Sorry Shakey, but regardless whether he is a success or not, I despise him far more than George Graham or any other previous manager. He's waltzed in at Spurs and think's he's bigger than the club.

The media totally excused him from the defeat at Burnley and I think he was most to blame. Now he's going to play the "team of the damned" against Utd in the Cup, those who have no future at the club. Whether this is kidology or not, again its all about King Harry and just presents the club in a poor light

He will narrowly avoid relegation and will be hailed as the messiah by the media despite having a £170 million squad and will demand another £100 million to turn it into a top six side. Levy will probably give it because he dropped such a ******* thinking Ramos was the new Arsene Wenger when instead he turned out to be Manuel.

I hate to have to agree with Credy, (I will go have a wash after), but look at what Moyes does at Everton with no fuss, no money, no strikers. With him it's all about Everton and he's just another cog in the wheel. So after careful consideration I will say 'Arry is a Grade A C*nt!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another cracking article about 'arry by Brian Reade in the Mirror...

I watched an old fella suffer badly the other night.

My 71-year-old father-in-law has followed Burnley since he was a boy and as he saw his Wembley dream snatched away I felt his pain. So did our dog, and half the street.

But he quickly calmed down, reflected on how the Clarets had done their fans proud, and said: "Eh, that's football".

I then watched another old fella suffer. A 61-year-old twitching at the Sky cameras like Kevin Keegan in head-explosion mode, slagging off his players and announcing he would send out his weakest team in the up-coming FA Cup tie.

Surely that's not 'Appy 'Arry Redknapp, ace motivator and English patriot, who attacks anyone who doesn't give Her Majesty's FA Cup the respect its history demands? Could you imagine the stick a foreign manager would take if he'd said he was throwing an FA Cup tie at Old Trafford?

Particularly if he continued to refuse to speak to Her Majesty's BBC?

Imagine if he'd weaseled out of all blame for his side's poor display by publicly roasting his players and the previous management?

What would have happened if he'd humiliated a reserve goalkeeper, days after slaughtering a confidence-sapped striker?

He would have been accused of insulting British institutions and not having the character or bottle to succeed in English football, that's what.

"This is a team put together by I don't know who and I don't know how. It's scary," is Redknapp's new mantra. Yet this wasn't his tune when he took over at Spurs, drew with Arsenal and twice beat Liverpool. "We have a lot of good players," he said in October.

Now it seems he's working in a talent-free zone. His whine is not without truth. Spurs' squad is unbalanced and lacks leaders.

But with the likes of Modric, Pavlyuchenko, Lennon, Bentley, Woodgate, King, Bale and Jenas, plus the £30million he's just been allowed to spend, most coaches in Europe would willingly swap places.

So why, as his players suffer a dip in form, and they need confidence boosting does he put the boot in on them? It's because their form brings his managerial skills into question, and Harry can never let that happen.

He's got previous. When he failed to keep Southampton in the Premier League he blamed the mess he'd been left. And only this week he was reminding everyone that the players Alain Perrin bequeathed him at Portsmouth were "useless".

Redknapp's top priority is convincing the outside world that he's a class act who's been prevented from running a big club (and his country) by foreigners. Well he doesn't look too classy right now.

He didn't last year, when England scraped a draw with the Czech Republic and he put the boot in on Fabio Capello. "They're not the same players we see in the Premier League. What's happened to them?" he told TV viewers. The implication being that this foreigner can't handle our boys.

But as Capello has proved, big coaches don't waste time cosying up to the media or slagging off their players. They quietly work out how to get the best out of the talent before them.

Harry's finally achieved his ambition of managing a big team.

But he's finding it takes a bit more than wheeler-dealing, pats on backs, and a wink at the cameras.

It takes broad shoulders to carry the blame, a cool brain to work out how to put things right, and an indifference to currying favour with your critics.

The question is: Has Harry got what it takes, or is he cracking up under pressure?

exeips

but look at what Moyes does at Everton with no fuss, no money, no strikers. With him it's all about Everton and he's just another cog in the wheel.
This maybe true but how boring would football be if every manager & team were like Moyes & Everton?

manc grecian

This maybe true but how boring would football be if every manager & team were like Moyes & Everton?
What proving what a good manager you are on limited resources and getting a small squad of players who show real pride and passion in playing for the club? Rubbish aint it.

We havent finished in the top 6 contionously by playing boring football.

Last edited:

manc grecian