• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
End of the day we should of PAID him what he wanted. Fook not being able to afford him! Cut other expenses if that’s true 😡
We tried signing players and doing things we couldn't afford in the 90's and early 2000's. That ended really well didn't it.

Not sure I get what logical point you're coming from though, in order to offer higher wages, we need an income stream to cover that additional spend. We can't just go, Well we like Josh and Archie, we will give them £10,000 a week to keep them. We would then be spending half our budget on two players, which is plainly sheer stupidity.

It is just not how it works. That is before you even consider the many other factors of why a player would chose to move on.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We tried signing players and doing things we couldn't afford in the 90's and early 2000's. That ended really well didn't it.

Not sure I get what logical point you're coming from though, in order to offer higher wages, we need an income stream to cover that additional spend. We can't just go, Well we like Josh and Archie, we will give them £10,000 a week to keep them. We would then be spending half our budget on two players, which is plainly sheer stupidity.

It is just not how it works. That is before you even consider the many other factors of why a player would chose to move on.
He's not, he's p!ssed. Nothing to see, even less to understand. Move on.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Too logical and joined up thinking for those dreamers though MJP

JCWhoosh

End of the day we should of PAID him what he wanted. Fook not being able to afford him! Cut other expenses if that’s true 😡
Are you sure you mean paid him what he wanted? Not a great business model for any team, especially City who have to count every penny. I'm sure we offered a decent wage to try to keep him but can't compete even with some NL teams in wage! I'm sure he would have got a nice signing on bonus too. Also got to think about the other 25 squad players. Open up the 'how much do you want per week' talk would be catestrophic.
Don't get me wrong, I like the kid but don't think he's irreplaceable. Borges could step up and we have Taylor back.

Banksy

I keep hearing about Borges.For those who’ve seen a lot of him is he all he’s cracked up to be? Is he going to be special?

iscalad

I keep hearing about Borges.For those who’ve seen a lot of him is he all he’s cracked up to be? Is he going to be special?
Damn right.

Even got his own thread

Pedro Borges signs pro | Exeweb - supporting Exeter City since 1999

Colesman Ballz

Shirley a discussion that should be taking place on the "Pedro Borges signs Pro" thread, you naughty boy Banksy ? :unsure: :cool:

simcity

From what i've been told the wages he's been offered by Peterborough would be about double our top earner so not a chance he was going to stay here even if we offered more than what Nombe is on!

Banksy

Shirley a discussion that should be taking place on the "Pedro Borges signs Pro" thread, you naughty boy Banksy ? :unsure: :cool:
I stand suitably chastened and humbled. Back to my crocheting
and rewinding my VHS tapes. Or is that the other way round….
Confused Mersham.com

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's not, he's p!ssed. Nothing to see, even less to understand. Move on.
I've never seen Razor and Cowshed Grecian in a room together....