• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brazil is going to be fantastic thanks, Jealous or what?
Going to a crime ridden unstable city just as the army leave to watch a pre season friendly against a team we have no history with (we do with Brazil, not Flum) who are sending out their kids at the equivalent of the Cat and Fiddle and you're suggesting the average punter is going to be jealous?

malcolms

Boy and granddad is abuse to me moran, I am long past puberty and have no grandchildren. Brazil is going to be fantastic thanks, Jealous or what?
Moran...didn't he join us from Southampton and get a few goals under Bally?

angelic upstart

I don't recall him playing for City.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bittners a Legend

Don't be so harsh on yourself butch old chum.

I'm sure we all wish you a lovely time in Brazil but it would be hard to feel jealous of somebody who conducts themselves with as little decorum as your good self.

malcolms

:)........ :)

butch

Going to a crime ridden unstable city just as the army leave to watch a pre season friendly against a team we have no history with (we do with Brazil, not Flum) who are sending out their kids at the equivalent of the Cat and Fiddle and you're suggesting the average punter is going to be jealous?
There was 5 Fluminense players in the 1914 team. The first player ever to score a goal for Brazil was a fluminense player, oh dear learn Brazil/ecfc history before you have a pop at me!

angelic upstart

There was 5 Fluminense players in the 1914 team. The first player ever to score a goal for Brazil was a fluminense player, oh dear learn Brazil/ecfc history before you have a pop at me!
Okay, I'll try a different tact. Scotland and England played in the first ever international football game in 1872. 100 years later, Scotland and England replayed the fixture.

In 1914 Exeter played the first ever international game for Brazil, 100 years on and we are playing a club sides under 21 team.

To put it into perspective, Scotland should have asked to play Oxford University as they had 3 players playing that day.

Does that make it any clearer to you?

P.S I ain't having a pop, just saying it as I see it.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Okay, I'll try a different tact. Scotland and England played in the first ever international football game in 1872. 100 years later, Scotland and England replayed the fixture.

In 1914 Exeter played the first ever international game for Brazil, 100 years on and we are playing a club sides under 21 team.

To put it into perspective, Scotland should have asked to play Oxford University as they had 3 players playing that day.

Does that make it any clearer to you?

P.S I ain't having a pop, just saying it as I see it.
Cruel but fair.

butch

So in a few years time when all those under 21 players are playing in the premier and Spanish league, you are not going to say with pride we played against them. Coz believe me they are bloody good players.

angelic upstart

Thing is John, I genuinely see it that way. We even got a Brazil/Torquay shambles third kit earlier this season to celebrate playing Brazil, except we're not playing Brazil we're playing some club side's U-21's.

Two more examples of the great Exeter City Shamble of the past few years. We lumber, nay waddle from poor decision to worse decision.