• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another proud day for the academy

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bet no other club in L1 can boast that but others with £s may try to boast playing 7 loanees in starting line up but they got beat 5:1 !
UTC
I doubt any other club in professional football in the UK can boast playing 7 from the academy. It's truly remarkable and not enough is made from it away from ECFC.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt any other club in professional football in the UK can boast playing 7 from the academy. It's truly remarkable and not enough is made from it away from ECFC.
Agreed. Remember the fuss when Arsenal's starting XI were all non-English under Wenher? If we start a game with eleven academy products there should be as much made of that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In a successful team as well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seven,yes,seven, academy graduates in the starting line up tonight for a League One 3-1 home win.

Diabate,Hartridge,Key,Collins,Kite,Sparkes,Jay - two of whom score.
With Jevani unavailable on Saturday it's not impossible Sonny gets on the pitch on Saturday to add to the list.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seven,yes,seven, academy graduates in the starting line up tonight for a League One 3-1 home win.

Diabate,Hartridge,Key,Collins,Kite,Sparkes,Jay - two of whom score.
I also love the fact that 5 of them are from Devon and a 6th from just over the border in Somerset. That means more than half our team are from within 40 miles of Exeter - (for slightly random, context David Wheeler used to live further away than that when he played for City)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. When others closed academies (& still are) Tagg & Co kept the faith. I want to sing our story from rooftops but don't want others copying!
Does Greeno really want to go ?
UTC & UTA

budegrecian

Agreed. When others closed academies (& still are) Tagg & Co kept the faith. I want to sing our story from rooftops but don't want others copying!
UTC & UTA
Unfortunately that lot down the road openly admit that they are now copying us....

denzil

UTC & UTA
Another reflection (in a way) on us I've heard Dan Green is off to Aston Villa !

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another reflection (in a way) on us I've heard Dan Green is off to Aston Villa !
They have said it was a premiershite club - must have liked what they have seen from Ben Chrisene and Ollie

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
If that's true hope Greeno cancels Azziz loan at that place 40mile W in favour of us !
UTC