• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anfield atmosphere last night

Daveupnorff

Re: anfild atmosphere last night

I thought many of the fans home and away were not regular supporters, no disrespect intended. The City fans attracted by the spectacle the Liverpool fans by the price and a chance to get a reasonably priced ticket and take the kids to see the game, when they wouldn't get the chance normally. If you don't go regularly you won't join in the singing. We weren't helped by a large crowd difficult to get the singing together, overall great showing City

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
No disrespect intended you going tomorrow? If so Good lad.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Was always going to happen - I know plenty who went on Wednesday to "support City" but don't go to SJP hardly ever or if at all

Tomorrow will be 3500 or less & everything can settle back down

Willy Nilly

There was loads of singing but plenty of fans are never going to join in with ****e like 10 German Bombers. Knuckle dragging nonsense.

eurogrecian

Let me put it blunt just saying 44,000 to watch fourth tier Pal, decent I would say. UTC
Out of interest, I looked up the crowd the last time we played at Anfield (League Cup in 1981): 11,478.......
I'd say the turnout was exceptional whatever the reasons.

Daveupnorff

To be precise it was about 2,500 below capacity

Silver fox

Out of interest, I looked up the crowd the last time we played at Anfield (League Cup in 1981): 11,478.......
I'd say the turnout was exceptional whatever the reasons.
Spot on Pal.

iscalad

There is a world outside the pub
Since when, may I ask?

grecian55

43,865 at Anfield on Sunday for arguably the biggest game in English football ,about 500 (approx) more than Wednesday nights game ,Man United sang about Gerrard ,Everton sing about Gerrard ,virtually every Premiership team does when they play at Anfield because it is banter between the teams fans ? if our lot hadn't sung it on Wednesday then we would never have heard the ground in full song would we ? cos i reckon the response from them was the loudest they sang all night ?

Rog H K

Did we need a response from them? No.
Should have concentrated on team support.