• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anfield atmosphere last night

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: anfild atmosphere last night

There aren't many teams that would thank the away support and wish them a safe journey.

Didn't agree with tickets being sold to anyone but guessing the club chose to do that because of the short turnaround.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

Ok but don't patronise, just saying like, they are one of the biggest teams in Europe and we are lucky, show some respect.
I don't get who you want to show respect to? We drew their name out of the hat. The match wasn't a charitable act. They might be bigger but in my eyes they are no more important that any other club in the country. Never been phased by the big teams I'm afraid, I support my local side for a reason. What I am interested in is terrace culture and it's a huge shame Liverpool have lost so much of that, through no fault of their own.

Last edited:

Silver fox

Let me put it blunt just saying 44,000 to watch fourth tier Pal, decent I would say. UTC

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

67500 watched the fifth tier once.

Stelios

Thank the Lord for cheap tickets, nagging kids, day trippers (of the Premier League variety) and priority lists for more important games. They are what sells out Old Trafford and Anfield on nights like last night. Not the magic of the Cup, sadly.

But it's all good for the likes of us. After the first game I thought there'd be about 20,000 to watch Liverpool reserves so it was nice to be completely wrong.

Grecian Max

Let me put it blunt just saying 44,000 to watch fourth tier Pal, decent I would say. UTC
I'm sorry I don't get what you're saying. Those Liverpool fans turned up to see their side play at cheap prices in the worlds most famous cup competition. Personally, I don't think that's an incredible feat. Not trying to pick an argument Moxey style btw, just my thoughts.

Silver fox

Have your thoughts Pal, but Exeter City home, dear me (clap) who the fook, remember Leicester 81?

Lenny

And how much did we earn? Just saying like.
Yep, big bucks. Comment just in reference to thread title, that's all.

Ashford Grecian

Leyton Orient was 10 times better, with 500 there.
spot on Lenny, the songs last night were very embarrassing and not needed, complete plastic idiots...

Grecian666

Interesting this. Left it late and couldn't get tickets in the Exeter end but managed to get some with the Liverpool fans. Was in the Centenary Stand but close to the Kop end. To be fair, although they didn't sing constantly, when they did it was very loud and some unique songs. The rendition of you'll never walk alone sent the hairs standing on my neck. Conversely from where I was sat could hardly hear the Grecians. Now I've been away enough times to know how much we do sing so pretty sure it was loud and proud - but at t'other end was not that impressive at all. So maybe it is more about the ground acoustics, cause the Scousers did make a nouse when they chirped up!