• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Andy Marriott

ECFC4EVR

what did he actually have to do ??

I am not going to big him up for nothing and then knock him down for nothing like so many on here will do,

imho Jones is better and the sooner he is fit again the better
how'd you know this, this injury might have effected Jones form and no one is bigging him up they're just saying how well he's been doing for debatably our third choice keeper

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
my point has been made,

there is no point exchanging views with you as you seem closed to debate,

all the best, you will need it

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Always rated the bloke. top keeper.

children, children - lighten up ... how about we all agree that for the first time in living memory, we have three keepers at the club who don't leave us worried about having to field a stop-gap?

Early Bath

I'm a big Marriott fan and pleased to see him playing so well. Keep it up fella
Me too :)

ECFC4EVR

children, children - lighten up ... how about we all agree that for the first time in living memory, we have three keepers at the club who don't leave us worried about having to field a stop-gap?
ok!

Early Bath

Thought I'd pop this one in for Pete USA to drool over :)

I think that we should give Andy Marriott credit for showing what a consummate professional and asset he is to our club. He has had to take his place on the bench for 18 months or more, when PJ became injured a replacement keeper is brought in and it looked as if his chance would pass. However he has taken this opportunity to continue his challenge for first place and should spur the likes of Paul Jones and Oscar Jansson to train hard and try and grab the first team place back, so competition can only be good for us.
I would also like to add even with the older players in the side, as Andy would be the oldest at 39, I think that keepers can often use their experience and positioning to keep them at the top of their game unlike the outfield players that still need stamina and pace to hold down their position.

wemissmoxey

I think that we should give Andy Marriott credit for showing what a consummate professional and asset he is to our club. He has had to take his place on the bench for 18 months or more, when PJ became injured a replacement keeper is brought in and it looked as if his chance would pass. However he has taken this opportunity to continue his challenge for first place and should spur the likes of Paul Jones and Oscar Jansson to train hard and try and grab the first team place back, so competition can only be good for us.
I would also like to add even with the older players in the side, as Andy would be the oldest at 39, I think that keepers can often use their experience and positioning to keep them at the top of their game unlike the outfield players that still need stamina and pace to hold down their position.

some would say there are harder ways to make at living at the age of 39 than sitting on the bench,

so I don't see why he needs to be given credit for this

Antony Moxey

But I have to say I'm delighted that he's back as obvious first choice, as was intended! I dont think he'll give up the spot easily, which means that its curtains for Oscar, and the rest of the season for PJ on the bench, as a very capable back up. That'll work for us, I'm sure you'll all agree.
Hahahahaha, yeah right. Marriott's playing as cover for Jones (competently, I might add), but there's no way that once Jones is fit he won't be back starting regularly.