• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Andy Marriott

paperclip

Just wanted to say how impressed I have been with AM in the last two weeks. I know he didn't have that much to do today, but what he DID do I thought he did very well, especially considering his relative lack of games.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd agree with that. Looks very composed when dealing with pass backs, makes the right decisions pretty much every time and has certainly filled Jonah and Oscar's boots since their injuries.

samwise

He had a much better game than the poor bugger in the other goal. How many of his clearances went straight out for a throw?!

STURTZ

Marriot played well, often thought as he pulled crosses from the air whether Jones would have coped as well.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
glad to hear this as i felt he could have done better at walsall .. hope to also see this at nuneaton where we could do with some experience ..

Wellyred

glad to hear this as i felt he could have done better at walsall .. hope to also see this at nuneaton where we could do with some experience ..
Can't remember he did much wrong at Walsall!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't remember he did much wrong at Walsall!
he went down in installments for the first when he could have kicked it away and was beaten by a grass cutter for the second from outside the box ...

Red Lion

He had a much better game than the poor bugger in the other goal. How many of his clearances went straight out for a throw?!
Their goaly was Lewis Price who IIRC played for Ipswich and got at least one full cap for Wales.

I believe I'm right in saying Andy also has at least one full Welsh cap.

If I'm right (I think I am but won't put my mortgage on it!) that must be quite unusual in a league 1 fixture, 2 international goalies, never mind for the same country!

And yes, as I've said on another thread, AM has been grreat for our cluub!

Wellyred

he went down in installments for the first when he could have kicked it away and was beaten by a grass cutter for the second from outside the box ...
Both of those goals were poor defensive errors. For a keeper with no first team experience in 18 months he looked comfortable

Grecian2K

Have to agree. Especially with Oscar coming down here, after two bench warming seasons, bet Andy wasn't even daring to dream about a run of L1 games at this stage of his career.

Still rate Jonah and Oscar btw, but bloody relieved our "Third Choice" was still ready, willing AND ABLE when need arose!! [y]

(Champagne corks will be popping in downtown Phoenix tonight, eh? ;) )

Last edited: