• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An alternative suggestion for removing Tisdale

Terryhall

Okay, who's going to co-ordinate things over there?
Go for it Pete. The world is small these days, it's easy to co-ordinate things over the internet. Good luck getting it going!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Terry, you're an honest upright type. Can you be in charge of all the cash that'll be coming in, which'll be generated by the incentive to give Tisdale a good send-off?

Last edited:

elginCity

Things are developing apace, Mr Big in Phoenix opening a Swiss numbered account...

Terryhall

Terry, you're an honest upright type. Can you be in charge of all the cash that'll be coming in, which'll be generated by the incentive to give Tisdale a good send-off?
I absolutely am, and no I cannot. I think the escrow suggestion above is the best plan, and as far as I know, the US has a very well established escrow market.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
how about boycotting the Argyle game? If the club gets hit in the pocket on a game they should be making a decent amount from they might just start to listen.

Really don't want to watch us get d*cked by that lot anyway. I can't bare to watch 1500 chavs dancing around the away end.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I'm holding off buying an argyle ticket - unless we can build some form beforehand.

This season has been depressing enough without seeing those scummers 3-0 after 60
Minutes heading league 1 bound

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK guys, I'm collecting money for this. Please paypal me your £50 quids and I'll give it to the trust when Tis leaves.

B-)

Red Bill

I'm seeing all the ideas about Tisdale and his future on the 'Tisdale must go' thread, and one thing is becoming apparent. In the absense of any other ideas, it's being suggested that fans show up at the next club meeting and voice there dissaproval. Its also suggested that theres an outside chance that Tisdale might be asked to be in attendance, I'm assuming to explain himself? I suspect the majority want some action over Tisdale remaining now! I know that I do - not wait for a meeting to listen to explanations! I dont want any explanations - its time he went. This might not be the politically correct approach but there are times when protocol has to take a back seat, and I believe that this is one of those times.

Many of the p****d off fans dont belong to the trust, and I'm one of them. I was a founder member of the original trust, but I haven't paid a bean since I felt we weren't getting value for money from Tisdale. What I would suggest to all the non members, and to anybody else who cancelled out of frustration is to publicly pledge to pay a sum of money - say fifty quid, into the trust to rejoin, providing Tisdale is asked to step down. (He might of course refuse!) I would hope that any pledges together with the pledgers name would be taken on here, but some might not want that. I'm not sure how Red Bill kept tally with his petition effort, but I dont believe he posted names. In any event, I'll pledge 50 notes if somebody can come up with a collection and monitoring method. This wouldnt be easy, but I believe it would get media attention, even if it doesnt get off the ground.

I believe Tisdales time is up, and I would have thought many would pay to rejoin the trust if he was guaranteed to leave, or members even pay next years subs early if it means we obtain the objective. What do you think?

Mods: Please ammend or delete this thread if you feel its in any way out of order in accordance with exeweb rule guidelines i.e. insentive to riot etc. I dont want to be cut adrift in my twilight days.
Pete, I think this is probably the most positive post I've seen from you, and fair play for the suggestion. However I really don't think that a kind of reverse blackmail has any chance of success, I don't think you'll get anything like enough support for it to carry any weight, even if the BoS were willing to listen (which I don't believe they would) and personally it wouldn't be a route I'd be willing to support.
The action I took last year was an attempt to use the power of the trust, as effective owners of the club, by putting the decision through the democratic process. I've often corrected you saying that it was a proposal not a petition, this may have seemed like pedantry, but to me it is important as i believe any resolutions must be democratically arrived at, and I was putting forward a proposition to be discussed and voted on not just petitioning the board to call for the managers head..

There's is nothing stopping anyone attempting the same route as I did last year, particularly if they believe there is now much stronger support for this or any other route, but they will need to put a lot of work in. Last year I advertised my proposal on here, gnet, facebook pitchfork group, GWGs forum and also sent an email to NDGs, EDGs and the supporters club asking them to circulate it to their members (Not sure this happened!).
I also spent a morning before a match talking to Trust members in Red Square, asking them for their support. Once I was sure I'd got all the support I was going to get, I collated all the evidence I had and did an analysis which I presented in the form of a report to the BoS. This took a lot of my time, in all honesty it needed much more time spent on it and help from several other people, help that I didn't have. If anyone wants to take this on, just be aware of how much you need to put into this, and be aware that the support you think you have may well disappear once you start asking for names.

I hope you'll understand why i don't have the stomach or the energy to go through this again!

Last edited:
This is a stupid suggestion for several reasons not least of which I'd lose more faith in the trust if it was held to ransom by fans saying effectively we will not donate unless our demands are met, additionally any money that the club received to do this would be subject to the income split I'd of thought.

On top of that we didn't manage to get the money donated to save the club before and were only saved by the Man Utd game. What makes you think a 'Sack Tisdale Fund' would be any better supported? If our fans can get behind a appeal to save the club from death what makes you think this one would reach its goal?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've posted a considerable amount of drivel in your time, Pete, but this is quite a good idea. Needs a catchy name though. 'Tis Time For Change' perhaps?