• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An alternative suggestion for removing Tisdale

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm seeing all the ideas about Tisdale and his future on the 'Tisdale must go' thread, and one thing is becoming apparent. In the absense of any other ideas, it's being suggested that fans show up at the next club meeting and voice there dissaproval. Its also suggested that theres an outside chance that Tisdale might be asked to be in attendance, I'm assuming to explain himself? I suspect the majority want some action over Tisdale remaining now! I know that I do - not wait for a meeting to listen to explanations! I dont want any explanations - its time he went. This might not be the politically correct approach but there are times when protocol has to take a back seat, and I believe that this is one of those times.

Many of the p****d off fans dont belong to the trust, and I'm one of them. I was a founder member of the original trust, but I haven't paid a bean since I felt we weren't getting value for money from Tisdale. What I would suggest to all the non members, and to anybody else who cancelled out of frustration is to publicly pledge to pay a sum of money - say fifty quid, into the trust to rejoin, providing Tisdale is asked to step down. (He might of course refuse!) I would hope that any pledges together with the pledgers name would be taken on here, but some might not want that. I'm not sure how Red Bill kept tally with his petition effort, but I dont believe he posted names. In any event, I'll pledge 50 notes if somebody can come up with a collection and monitoring method. This wouldnt be easy, but I believe it would get media attention, even if it doesnt get off the ground.

I believe Tisdales time is up, and I would have thought many would pay to rejoin the trust if he was guaranteed to leave, or members even pay next years subs early if it means we obtain the objective. What do you think?

Mods: Please ammend or delete this thread if you feel its in any way out of order in accordance with exeweb rule guidelines i.e. insentive to riot etc. I dont want to be cut adrift in my twilight days.

muppetdodger

what about a go fund me, or does that have to be for charity. Or the in thing everyone talks about 'crowd funding' Seems an appropriate name in this instance. With the go fund me I know that individual donations appear but they can be anonymous if people wish.

muppetdodger

second thoughts, just giving crowdfunding would be the best way. You get a 30 day fundraising campaign and at the end the money is handed over minus the dreaded fees. Doesn't have to be charity, can be any project, including raising money to get rid of the manager at ECFC.

GrecianWonder

Or you could just rejoin the trust and have your say alongside everyone else?

PeteUSA

second thoughts, just giving crowdfunding would be the best way. You get a 30 day fundraising campaign and at the end the money is handed over minus the dreaded fees. Doesn't have to be charity, can be any project, including raising money to get rid of the manager at ECFC.
Unorthodox, but desperate times require desperate measures.

PeteUSA

Or you could just rejoin the trust and have your say alongside everyone else?
Understood, but who will rejoin the trust just to have a long term say? The idea of offering up the money by way of a pledge is to give the ****ed off fans an incentive - signing a 'best wishes for the future' card when Tisdale emptys his drawers.

elginCity

I actually think this is a very good idea, Pete.

Perhaps open an escrow account and only release the funds to the Trust once terms are met. A pledge of a couple of hundred thousand should really concentrate minds.

Let's see how serious the TIS OUT! brigade really is. Bring it on, I say.

PeteUSA

Okay, who's going to co-ordinate things over there?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd contribute for sure. Anything to get rid.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
This will only work if it has an ingenious label to make us feel better about giving away our hard earned. 'Light Up The Park', 'Pitch In' or 'Red Or Dead' being three fine examples.

Any ideas?

Last edited: