• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Fisher is the new signing (to Newport)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree, just thought I would put it out there.

Also you do get centre backs who score 5, 6, 7 goals most seasons.
Matt Taylor an example of sorts, scoring 17 in 4 seasons if Wiki is correct

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor an example of sorts, scoring 17 in 4 seasons if Wiki is correct
Yes he is a good example, he was a threat in the opposing box, despite his size Parkes rarely seems to get on the end of set pieces and corners however that could be because the delivery is often very poor or non existent.

Grecian_Matt

Yes he is a good example, he was a threat in the opposing box, despite his size Parkes rarely seems to get on the end of set pieces and corners however that could be because the delivery is often very poor or non existent.
Yes, when Taylor was in the team, we would of had Harley taking set pieces.
So was probably more to do with delivery - Plus today we have a requirement that every corner has to be short.

ExmouthMart

Using Fisher as an example because I would be surprised if he is here next season. How many non academy players have actually improved as players whilst with us?! I can only think of Stockley recently. Perhaps that might be part of the issue with why we never get anywhere because the priority is to develop and showcase young players to sell on at the expense of squad players who just make up the numbers. Probably rubbish but if Taylor was under a bit more pressure we might see a bit more development in the whole team. He doesn’t exactly give off the air of someone unduly worried. It fact it’s just business as usual. As I said Fisher just looked a bit shell shocked and then for example Bowman scoring for fun and then struggling. Man management plays an important part in football and we seem a bit off in that respect.

Grecianpasty

Yes we should celebrate Fisher for his goal yesterday. The bloke seems like a good guy and shows desire on the pitch.

I do though completely support MT's decision to back Seymour instead of him.

Alistair20000

1. Yes we should celebrate Fisher for his goal yesterday. The bloke seems like a good guy and shows desire on the pitch.

2. I do though completely support MT's decision to back Seymour instead of him.
I. I agree

2. Why please ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you think Seymour is currently a more effective player than Fisher ?

Red Bill

Using Fisher as an example because I would be surprised if he is here next season. How many non academy players have actually improved as players whilst with us?! I can only think of Stockley recently. Perhaps that might be part of the issue with why we never get anywhere because the priority is to develop and showcase young players to sell on at the expense of squad players who just make up the numbers. Probably rubbish but if Taylor was under a bit more pressure we might see a bit more development in the whole team. He doesn’t exactly give off the air of someone unduly worried. It fact it’s just business as usual. As I said Fisher just looked a bit shell shocked and then for example Bowman scoring for fun and then struggling. Man management plays an important part in football and we seem a bit off in that respect.
Wheeler?

Grecian Max

Yes we should celebrate Fisher for his goal yesterday. The bloke seems like a good guy and shows desire on the pitch.

Makes no sense. Completely different players. Seymour is also crap.

IndoMike

Too late for Fisher. If he wasn't good enough for Matt T all through the season then there's no point playing him now.
I too always said the bloke never had a fair run of games. Another question mark for Matt T. Why pay a bloke a salary if you don't trust him to play? Not good, Matt.