• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Fisher is the new signing (to Newport)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
He should have been used more, it would have allowed us to rest Bowman and as a result he would have been fresher. Bowman looks pretty p1$$ed off these days, I wonder if he is physically and mentally shot to pieces. Fisher isn't great however I believe he would have returned more than 1 goal in 11 games, by that I mean 90 minute outings, not 3 - 5 minute cameos that don't allow anyone to prosper.

Clearly Taylor's use of his forward options could have been better. Even Ballzy and Geoff must agree with that.
I am somewhat surprised Pep, that you find it necessary to seek endorsement from others on your hypotheses. Are you that unsure of yourself ? 😎

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am somewhat surprised Pep, that you find it necessary to seek endorsement from others on your hypotheses. Are you that unsure of yourself ? 😎
No endorsement required chum, certainly not from a close minded rose tinter.

StudentGrecian

Yes but he's got more experience and physical presence than Seymour who is his main rival for the shirt.

Maybe he's got an attitude or he's carrying an injury or he's lazy in training. Either way he's another waste of a wage packet.
It seems that we knew at the start of the season that we weren't going to offer him a new deal either, and with Seymour under contract the decision was made to put him above both Ajose and Fisher.
Would imagine he was one of the players to be told he was free to find a new club back in the summer.

ExmouthMart

Felt a bit sorry for Fisher in that interview. He came across as someone intruding at somewhere he shouldn’t be. ‘A frustrating few months.....’ more like the whole time he’s been with us. He must have had something to be signed in the first place. It couldn’t have been, we needed a striker and he was within the budget?! He seems to be one of those players who just has a bit part career making up the numbers. Quite sad really as he seems a decent bloke.

Ash

Felt a bit sorry for Fisher in that interview. He came across as someone intruding at somewhere he shouldn’t be. ‘A frustrating few months.....’ more like the whole time he’s been with us. He must have had something to be signed in the first place. It couldn’t have been, we needed a striker and he was within the budget?! He seems to be one of those players who just has a bit part career making up the numbers. Quite sad really as he seems a decent bloke.
He'd had his best ever scoring season when we signed him, for a very poor Yeovil team. So I guess there was some logic to it with him also being local but it's been a trainwreck of a signing really, except for that wonder goal with the last kick of the game.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
This season:

Alex Fisher is taking 169 minutes per goal.

Matt Jay is taking 200 minutes per goal.

Bowman is taking 257 minutes per goal.

Seymour is taking 916 minutes per goal.

As I have said on numerous occasions Fisher has been underused this season, he obviously isn't the best striker in the league however when Bowman has been going through one of his many lean spells Fisher should have been given a run of games, not a few minutes here and there and the odd start every 15 - 20 games.

He's been very poorly managed.

Last edited:

Grecian_Matt

This season:

Alex Fisher is taking 169 minutes per goal.

Matt Jay is taking 200 minutes per goal.

Bowman is taking 257 minutes per goal.

Seymour is taking 916 minutes per goal.

As I have said on numerous occasions Fisher has been underused this season, he obviously isn't the best striker in the league however when Bowman has been going through one of his many lean spells Fisher should have been given a run of games, not a few minutes here and there and the odd start every 15 - 20 games.

He's been very poorly managed.
I don't believe those stats - There is no way Bowman is scoring as often as every 257 minutes.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
For those who wanted Parkes up front he's banging in one every 2529 minutes. :LOL:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
For those who wanted Parkes up front he's banging in one every 2529 minutes. :LOL:
As he has not been played up front this stat has no value.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
As he has not been played up front this stat has no value.
I agree, just thought I would put it out there.

Also you do get centre backs who score 5, 6, 7 goals most seasons.