• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alan Green

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm with you Gozzer - I would like to see Green and Moyles in a death match, as long as I could stab the loser to death afterwards.

How he is a successful broadcaster is beyond me - you don't have to be a tw*t to be candid.

Same goes for Garry Richardson

Gozzer

Welcome on board, Head of Fred.

This is turning into a proper internet campaign, but I still can't be arsed to write a letter to the BBC. A much better plan is to hope that Alan Green will have a look at Exeweb in his daily search for ways to patronise clubs which aren't competing in the Champions League (and Liverpool).

finetime

I listen to a football match on the radio, because I want to know what is going on, not because I want to hear peoples opinions and crap in jokes, I have Exeweb for that.

Interesting article about the Saggers/Green feud here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1077391/Charles-Sale-5-Live-spat-leaves-Green-flying-solo.html

Yes, I am aware it's the daily mail...
Exactly.

It's become worse and worse too. All opinionated moaning and less and less good commentary. Considering he has a job millions would love to have he's bloody negative about everything.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have to say I've never listened to him , and all I know is whats been written about him and said here.
Trust me the whole of Ireland thought Dunne should have thumped Henry for being so condesending to sit down with him at the end of the game (course it was all about his image and the bullsh*t PR that's come out since), though Green's comment on Sly Stallone's
Limo on wikipedia is kinda funny!
As much of a tw*t he might sound, he gets people talking . Over here we have Eamonn Dunphy, and christ is he a walking contradiction, but love him or hate him, he's great Tv.
I'd watch that anyday as opposed to BBC's Alan "at the end of the day/game of two halfs" Shearer and Alan "the lads can't defend" Hansen with their utter bland, mind numbling boring desciptions of games on MOTD.
And don't even get me started on ITV!

Mackster

The BBC has totally pandered to Green's ego and they've allowed him to become a monster. They should have laid it on the line some years ago that he will commentate on games they ask him to and send him to lower leagues to get a broad understanding of the British game. Instead he doesn't know any players outside the Prem, will only travel out of the North West for Champions League and the odd game in London, which he will then proceed to moan about the journey, the food, the accomodation etc.

The bloke has become a parody of himself and his 606 show is awful. It claims to be the fans show, but the only valid opinion is Greeny's and if you don't agree with it you are cut off. Even his views on Premier League football offer nothing, I remember recently he was asked his opinions on a big game, and he said "I didn't watch it, I was driving to the studio". Get to the studio early you arrogant f**king **** and watch the game!

I can't understand why BBC bosses can't see what we see. Perhaps they think Greeny is a bit edgy, but as usual they are off the mark when all we want is a commentator to tell us what is happening on the pitch, a pundit next to him to offer further insight and Danny Baker doing 606.

Poultice

I apply the only sanction available to me, I will not listen when he is commentating or on 606.

geoffwp

Green is a c*nt. simples.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would suggest rather than us all go on about what we hate about Alan Green. Does anyone have the minerals to actually say "Yeah, I like the bloke" and give a reason why. I would love to be proved wrong, I say the same about Fleetwood too...
Yeah, I like the bloke. Mainly because he's not David Pleat who is just a tedious f*ckstick incapable of pronouncing the simplest of foreign names. The nail in the coffin was when he referred to Paddy Evra, ffs he's French you big tw*t.

angelic upstart

So why is it you like him? Is it simply because he isn't David Pleat?

finetime

Yeah, I like the bloke. Mainly because he's not David Pleat who is just a tedious f*ckstick incapable of pronouncing the simplest of foreign names. The nail in the coffin was when he referred to Paddy Evra, ffs he's French you big tw*t.
Although the mispronunciation is annoying Pleat offers more tactical insight during a game than any of the other co-commentators.