• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam's funeral

The service was very moving and for those inside the cathedral we knew exactly when Adam had arrived by the massive round of applause.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was such a lovely service, the words from the readings were so very apt. Tis' words just summed it all up. To see so many people there, fans, colleagues, past players, just showed how important Adam played in our lives.

I have cried more today, than I though I would. But Adam got the sending off, he so fully deserved, albeit far too early in his life.

Rest in Peace Adam xx

Thank you for posting this short but moving piece for thos of us unable to be there, most appreciated.
So nice to hear of so many former team mates taking the trouble to show their respect for Adam as well as all the fans.

StixUK

I attended with the wife and kids today but I couldn't stay long due to little kiddies needing their food. But I saw his coffin enter the church and I had to hold back the tears as I felt the heightened emotion of the moment. At that point in time the very fact that the heavy rain was pouring down in my head made no difference as whatever happens I still live to see tomorrow and as always I am thankful for the days that go by, unfortunately from Adam he won't get so close to the action watching from the sky, but he will live in the memories of all of us as we attend football matches.

Sleep in Peace Stanno!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
As well as the list that Egg has posted, also spotted were Matty Gill, John Yems and Chris Vinnicombe.

I am not a religious person but have to say the service was a very fitting tribute. A special word for the Canon who had clearly done his homework on Adam and also managed a word for everyone listening outside the cathedral so that they, hopefully, felt part of it all.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
My Hero by the Foo Fighters-a brilliant song that sums Stanno up.Brilliant choice.
what he said. will always think of stanno now when i hear that song. very very sad day R.I.P. adam

Borat

Just seen the footage on ITV news :(

RIP Stanno

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

Erico

Watching the coffin enter the cathedral under the rain really brought it home. Thought all the readings were very well read and it was great to see so many players there.

R.I.P Stanno.

Last edited: