• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

Torquinian

Absolutely devastated at the news, as you can see I support Torquay Utd but some things are more important in life and I feel for Adam's family, what a tragic loss for one so young.
RIP

ChubbyNVFC

Very sad for your loss - played against us a few times, cracking player.
One point - why the hell hasn't the FA had a minutes silence for the lad tonight at Wembley?

ElTorro

God Bless Adam Stansfield you'll never be forgotten, a true City legend.
My thoughts go out to your wife and children at this deeply sad time.

Agent_Kujan

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

As a lot of people have said I can't believe how sad I feel tonight over someone I've never met. Because of work I only get to see City about twice a year (Brentford home and away last season.) so I don't feel I've been able to properly comment on here about how Exeter play on a week to week basis but I always believe you should support the team from where you were born and that's why I've followed Exeter from afar. But when I did see City play Stanno always impressed me with his effort and commitment. He will be sadly missed and if there are any contributions to be made to memorials etc I will be in. My heart goes out to his poor family.

R.I.P Stanno.:(:(:(

flakey pasty

My mate who is at the England match, just sent me a text to say there was an announcement about Stanno, and a big round of applause.
Did your mate say if they had a minute silence, Chris?
The players were still standing in line after the anthems when ITV went for an ad break.

Bossman

RIP Adam a true role model and gentleman, condolences to your family! you will be truly missed, god bless!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
You know those cartoon characters who, when they're sad, go around with a cloud over their head. That's how I feel today...as I said before, I didn't work for Yeovil when he was with us but I had the pleasure of enjoying him as a "normal" fan.

I can't say too much (because I don't really know a lot to be honest) but there has been consultations between yourselves and us regarding the game on September 25th and I will be releasing a statement on our official website as soon as something is decided. I know your forum won't do links for spamming reasons but once the piece is up there, I'll come back on and post what I know.

Best wishes

Martin
YTFC Media
thankyou. booked a saturday off so i could go a few weeks ago. without a doubt it will be a very emotional day for both sets of fans

Jean Jeannie

Rest in peace Stanno xxx

scorch_ecfc

R.I.P. Stano. A true City legend who will be missed but never forgotten.

It's so sad. Thoughts with his family and friends.

The Grecians should retire the number 9 shirt in honour of him

wiveygrecian

It has been very upsetting today , cant even think how his family must feel.
Reading all these comments from fans of all clubs has brought a tear to my eye.
R I P Stanno you are a legend and hero
Jim