• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Well what can i say , one of the nicest blokes ive ever met.

City legend.

Without doubt the saddest day as a City supporter ever IMO.

So so so sad.

Stanno was a honour knowing you mate , and will never forget being present at your and Maries big day when you got married was a brilliant day.

Your workrate , heart , grit , determination and attitude won the hearts of every City fan.

RIP.

Nigel E

An inspiration, not just in the way he played his football, but also in the way he lived his life.

Made the absolute utmost of his talents, and at the same time the most committed team player I have ever seen in a City shirt. We were privileged to have him in our side.

Adam Tripp

Rest in Peace Adam. An ambassador of Elmore, Yeovil Town, Hereford United and Exeter City. A gentleman of the game. I will never forget your goal against Oxford in the play-off semi final in 2007, one of the greatest moments of my life. Thank you for so many happy memories.

Athelstan

I offer my most heartfelt condolences to Adam's family and friends. Since hearing the news this morning I have got through the rest of the day more or less on auto-pilot. It is only now after reading all these messages from my fellow Grecians and from supporters of so many other clubs that the news has really hit home.

His family may never read this thread but, if they do, I too would like them to know that Adam's goal and celebration against Oxford United at the Kassam Stadium are the best few moments this City fan has ever experienced at a football match.

Rest in peace, Stanno.

[ecfc]

grecIAN Harris

I will never forget your goal against Oxford in the play-off semi final in 2007,
My mind keeps going there and to the two goals he got against Oxford in the match after Mackie defected down the road. The first is obvious but why the second I have no idea.
Here's the first; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoIMBRl_n14
and the second; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHQB384yIE&feature=related

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've spent much of the evening reading all the tributes posted here and on the official site and I'm just so sad. Adam Stansfield epitomised everything good about Exeter City in the Trust-run era....honest, tireless, selfless work on behalf of a club he loved and that must be the reason that his passing resonates so profoundly with us all.

I have loved watching Stanno play as much as any Exeter City player I can remember. I only met him once, briefly and he was as down to earth and humble a 'footballer' as you will ever meet and whilst he didn't seem particularly comfortable being presented to us in a hospitality box he was happy to sign autographs and pose for photos and did so with a smile.

Adam you will be missed. My thoughts are with his faamily, friends and everyone at the club. RIP.

Oli

My mind keeps going there and to the two goals he got against Oxford in the match after Mackie defected down the road. The first is obvious but why the second I have no idea.
Here's the first; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoIMBRl_n14
and the second; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHQB384yIE&feature=related
The second one were the ones I keep thinking of :)

Langer

Adam Stansfield family man and football legend RIP.

grecian till i die

WHY ADAM????why????
whys is it the ncest people in the world die early he was such a idol to many city youngsters.played his heart out week in week out.weather we were winning 3 nill or losing 3 nill he carried on playing his heart out he was the one who should be earning the prem wages for his enthusiasm to the game.
shoudl be the peodos,murderers,rapers who should go throught the pain that adam did not desrve.
R.I.P

mdg

its taken me all day, to be able to write this.

Stanno was everything that our club required, honest and dedicated-always felt that if he hadnt been a footballer, he would have been on the BB every game.

Our club is special and Stanno was the same.

Thoughts are with his family and friends

RIP