• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley Vs Exeter City L1 Match Day Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having had a bit more time to reflect on yesterday, I’m still satisfied with the point and enjoyed the game. There wasn’t a lot of quality but I like games where two teams fight and battle for a point, for me it was a really enjoyable 0-0 and was like watching two bears playing chess.

Stubbsy was clear MOM for me, think he only lost one header all game, and there were loads to deal with due to Accrington’s style, but Sweenz, Jamal, Archie and Jevani also played very well and Sam was a physical handful. There was a huge amount of endeavour but due to poor technique, bad decision making or just bad luck, we just couldn’t quite get the ball into dangerous positions.

That said, I’m not sure how we can be recorded as having no shots on target when Super Sam’s header was cleared off the line in the first half? Anyway, a good away point and a clean sheet against a tough, free scoring side.

Well done City.

grecIAN Harris

There have been simmering whispers about Hartridge leaving, but not sure who started them ; Exeweb, Agent Andy, Devon Live, or the bloke down the pub
But I wouldn't be surprised if there are clubs making enquiries about Diabete, Hartridge, Pond, Archie, Sparks, Key (already) or of course Jevani and Nombe.
So it is perfectly possible that Hartridge was the subject of a very recent enquiry and was given a break, as happened with Olli's and Key. On the other hand, he might just be knackered.
If he goes, I want a million + lots of add-ons
Thank you.
Where exactly? The only time I've seen Hartridge's name mentioned in terms of transfer is when I've said in response to Key or Collins being the next cab off of the rank in terms of academy products leaving that my own opinion was that Hartridge would be the next to go. There might have been a few nods of agreement to that in response but I would hardly call that simmering whispers and certainly nothing to back up as to why Alex wasn't in the squad yesterday.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

IndoMike

Where exactly? The only time I've seen Hartridge's name mentioned in terms of transfer is when I've said in response to Key or Collins being the next cab off of the rank in terms of academy products leaving that my own opinion was that Hartridge would be the next to go. There might have been a few nods of agreement to that in response but I would hardly call that simmering whispers and certainly nothing to back up as to why Alex wasn't in the squad yesterday.
Well that's what I said.

STURTZ

Got to say I think the writing is on the wall for Alex Hartridge, hope we get a tidy sum for him. Quality player.

If he goes expect Pond to be recalled.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A good point yesterday with two resolute defences. A far better game than last Saturday against Cheltennham. I enjoyed my day out and for a change the trains ran om time and so home before midnight.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
KMT and Hartridge had a proper fist fight over something probably at the motorway services or somewhere. Obvious really.

manc grecian

He's been chosen to play a young Steffi Graf in the upcoming film about the former tennis superstar.

fred binneys head

An honest assessment by their manager. A lot of Accrington’s relative success seems to come from the partnership between Coleman and their owner.
Totally agree, I’ve got a huge amount of time for John Coleman and their owner. Top club.

Alfie 1966

Yes just sent a thankyou postcard we were amazed at the new clubhouse bar very posh .everyone so nice and up for a chat,