• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley Vs Exeter City L1 Match Day Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
and your answer made no sense - A player that has played every game when available and playing the form of his career wasn't going to be "Not Picked" was he? As I said if he was ill that question is normally always
asked in the interview isnt it?
Is it? Why would the interviewer ask that? Maybe it's just squad rotation.

Bridgy 81

It’s a given he’s our next manager if MT gets poached by the bigger boys.
Is it?
I think Wayne sounds like a really nice bloke, speaks very well and obviously knows his stuff and I imagine he’s brilliant on the training ground, but in my view a manager also needs to be nasty at times and he doesn’t sound very nasty to me.
Maybe and hopefully he’s different behind closed doors.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it?
I think Wayne sounds like a really nice bloke, speaks very well and obviously knows his stuff and I imagine he’s brilliant on the training ground, but in my view a manager also needs to be nasty at times and he doesn’t sound very nasty to me.
Maybe and hopefully he’s different behind closed doors.
Maybe that's why our management team is so good - like the police Mr Nasty & Mr Nice !

Colesman Ballz

and your answer made no sense - A player that has played every game when available and playing the form of his career wasn't going to be "Not Picked" was he? As I said if he was ill that question is normally always asked in the interview isnt it?
Maybe he travelled, but failed a late fitness test, so wasn't used. If you are going to come up with conspiracy theories then why did Kegs also travel, explain that one ? :unsure:
Maybe there were fitness doubts over players (Sweenz was said to have rolled his ankle at Gillingham for starters) and with the team travelling on Friday we took all available players as cover for all eventualities ?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it? Why would the interviewer ask that? Maybe it's just squad rotation.
possibly alien abduction given we have no squad to rotate. Try another more plausable one please as I sure dont want to lose one of our best players but squad rotation and not being picked isnt the answer

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe he travelled, but failed a late fitness test, so wasn't used. If you are going to come up with conspiracy theories then why did Kegs also travel, explain that one ? :unsure:
Maybe there were fitness doubts over players (Sweenz was said to have rolled his ankle at Gillingham for starters) and with the team travelling on Friday we took all available players as cover for all eventualities ?
Kegs as you know has dropped down the pecking order due to our new signing and I assume may start on Tuesday. No conspiracy theory just common sense 5 days before the transfer deadline really nothing more nothing less

Bridgy 81

Maybe that's why our management team is so good - like the police Mr Nasty & Mr Nice !
Granted that’s the position now, but this conversation is about whether Wayne is manager material if/when Matt leaves.
I suppose if it ever happens he’ll have to appoint a Mr Nasty as his Assistant, but personally I would always prefer the Manager to be the nasty one.

iscalad

possibly alien abduction given we have no squad to rotate. Try another more plausable one please as I sure dont want to lose one of our best players but squad rotation and not being picked isnt the answer
OK you win. He must be on the move. Silly me

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK you win. He must be on the move. Silly me
There is no win or lose to a discussion forum only points of views and we are 5 days before the end of the window so not sure why you think it's so unlikely that one of our best performing players may be attracting interest?

iscalad

There is no win or lose to a discussion forum only points of views and we are 5 days before the end of the window so not sure why you think it's so unlikely that one of our best performing players may be attracting interest?
I'm not saying that at all.