• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A message for Paul Tisdale

CityTillIDie

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yesterday we were ****. When will Tisdale realise how big these derby games are and the fans wont just take "Yeah we were a bit poor today" or whatever his usual **** poor excuses are.

Lets face it, were Exeter City, the best we're ever gonna be is a mediocre League 1 side, but generally mid table league 2, the only chance of glory and success we're ever really going to get is a good cup run and derby wins. Give me losing in the play-offs, 2 wins over Argyle and 3rd round of the cup over finishing 3rd this season.
Agree 100%.

Better for our bank balance, too.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Re the bank balance a good result yesterday would have boosted Mondays crowd. Can't blame some if they give Monday a miss although for me am glad there are two homes coming up . Whether I would bother with both if not a season ticket holder is another matter.

malcolms

Oldsmobile-88

The Grecians do not have a good record at Home Park for League games( a lot of capital has been made out of a win in a minor cup competition recently)..I was thinking back & with the exception of the 3-0 victory 20 years ago & a 2-0 win in the early 1980's + a couple of decent draws,there has been not much to write about.

Yesterday was disappointing given our good away form this season.Most disappointing of all was the fact we never looked like scoring after the first 10 minutes.

Grecian2K

"Vivified"? Who the **** wrote that?
Fork me sideways.

Has Tis been reading the Guinness Book of Banal Football Cliches in the fortnight he's had off.

If that sort of waffle constituted the pre-match team talks, that explains yesterdays no-show totally.

Surely be better (at least for derby games) to resort to the Corporal Jones rallying cry
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP EM

And, as far as all of our local games, this year are concerned, that seems to have been the rallying cry of their (many) managers....and it seems to have worked +o(

Last edited:

IndoMike

"Vivified"? Who the **** wrote that?
Must have been Jabba : he likes looking up big words in the dictionary :cool:

Spoonz Red E

The most disappointing game for a good while - especially following the games against Torquay and Rovers where we also failed to score.

However good a season it turns out to be - and it could still be a very good season - those derby fluffs are going to rankle for a while.
It's not just losing yesterday, it was the manner of losing and another potential 'feel good' moment is gone.

However, having got that off my chest.

Rochdale tomorrow and Dagenham on Saturday are coming right up so I'll kick a few more skirting boards in frustration but otherwise get on with it.

'Vivified' is a good word.
But 'dictionary' is longer.

malcolms

The most disappointing game for a good while - especially following the games against Torquay and Rovers where we also failed to score.

However good a season it turns out to be - and it could still be a very good season - those derby fluffs are going to rankle for a while.
It's not just losing yesterday, it was the manner of losing and another potential 'feel good' moment is gone.

However, having got that off my chest.

Rochdale tomorrow and Dagenham on Saturday are coming right up so I'll kick a few more skirting boards in frustration but otherwise get on with it.

'Vivified' is a good word.
But 'dictionary' is longer.
But" dictionary" is in everyday use and "vivified aint...:)

Grecian2K

But" dictionary" is in everyday use and "vivified aint...:)
After yesterday, "mortified" might have been a more reassuring choice of descriptin by our leader.

Even if Tis didn't feel it, it was an emotion shared by we 1600+ who had turned up in Turdsville just to witness such an abject capitualtion. :(