• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

3 New Directors Appointed Today

We are told they are unpaid. I wonder if like a certain gentleman from the Cheeseassic age they invoice separately via service companies.
Yeah I’m really sure their doing it for free out of the goodness of their hearts. People like these don’t do anything…unpaid!

Matt Phillips

Yeah I’m really sure their doing it for free out of the goodness of their hearts. People like these don’t do anything…unpaid!
What do you mean by "people like these"?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
What do you mean by "people like these"?
I assume he means highly qualified, highly paid people.

I should say though, I disagree. Highly qualified, highly experienced, highly paid people often give back to their community.

ExmouthMart

I've no idea about the new directors but myself and another former member of the legion met with Darren the new commercial person to discuss match day atompshere along with other things and found him to be very knowledgeable and filled us with great confidence on that side of the club, along with Justin I think within the commercial side of the club things will start to progress in the next few years.
Perhaps you could put yourself forward as the official matchday atmosphere organiser. Probably a good idea for all these new supporters we are going to be attracting who might be unsure about how to go about supporting the team during the match. Again this could be where the new screen comes into play with prompting messages as to when to cheer or sing jolly songs about Argyle. Maybe a cartoon version of the turkey and the chicken with the blunderbuss for the younger fans. Endless potential……

Pete Martin (CTID)

We are told they are unpaid. I wonder if like a certain gentleman from the Cheeseassic age they invoice separately via service companies.
I do hope you're not suggesting smoke and mirrors here old boy! ;)

Alistair20000

I do hope you're not suggesting smoke and mirrors here old boy! ;)
Just wondering Pete. Remember I am an ex Tax Inspector. I was trained to be suspicious :)

DB9

Just wondering Pete. Remember I am an ex Tax Inspector. I was trained to be suspicious :)
Boooooooooooooo!!! 🙂

I assume he means highly qualified, highly paid people.

I should say though, I disagree. Highly qualified, highly experienced, highly paid people often give back to their community.
I did mean that-yes. Name one, that’s not self promoting themselves in any way!

fred binneys head

I did mean that-yes. Name one, that’s not self promoting themselves in any way!
Me ;)

dontpassback

Bring back Guy Wolfenden
That wouldn’t be cricket,and we are proper chaps after all 😆😆😆