• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019/20 kits

Dannyred

What a great attitude, its always someone else fault, everything in the third person. I think Anonymous has already summed it up pretty well, but what have you done that's made you believe what you do about the club? Who have you approached with your ideas, who's slapped you down? Or are you, as I suspect, someone who's actually never done or tried to do anything and is using the idea that we're a club stuck in its ways to prevent having to expose yourself to the risk of not being able to deliver what you've promised.

We all support one of the few clubs where as fans we actually do have some say. If you genuinely believe you have a good and innovative idea, then approach someone with it. If you're a Trust member, make some plans with some costings and expected savings/benefits and details of hows and wheres and take it to a board meeting.

For what its worth regarding kit, I also wonder if we're simply doing what every other club does without stopping to think if there's a better way. Maybe we don't need to go to a recognised sportswear manufacturer at all, maybe there's a local clothing manufacturer who'd jump at the chance of making our kits, giving us far more flexibility and control. I just don't know anything about the rag trade. If i did though, or knew someone who did and could get an idea of how many shirts we order and how much we pay, I'd certainly look into it with a view to putting it to the club, or failing that putting it to the Trust board in the hope they'd put it to the club. But please don't just sit and moan and do nothing.
Bill you know that certain people at the club don’t like change for whatever reason , yes certain things have got better but we have big areas where we are clueless as a club.

Many skilled supporters have offered to help and been turned away, myself included. So why should I waste my time when they don’t listen, Think SP said the same as did several other fans.

How much money have we lost on not having a New away kit for several years.

Also when is the contract up on flybe ? If it’s October then maybe we will wait till then to change it.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this Dannyred Olivia's mum by any chance? Similar weirdo style.

Either way an oddball that should be on everyone's ignore list (y)

Dannyred

Surely insulting a poster is a ban ? If you think I should be on everyone’s ignore list why are you so interested in my posts. Strange that, I really wouldn’t have a problem if you had me on ignore.

fred binneys head

I disagree. This is a new summer sport.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Your not on everyone's list.

Colesman Ballz

Many skilled supporters have offered to help and been turned away, myself included. So why should I waste my time when they don’t listen,
Yet another sweeping generalisation, backed up with zero facts ! Absolutely no reason why you can't this time is there ?

Simply tell us (a) what did you offer to do, (b) how/who did you contact at the Club/Trust and (c) how were you turned down ?

Time to put up or shut up buddy !

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Serious question Danny, do you have relevant business / marketing experience to offer? If so, contact the Trust as I know from my time on the Trust Board that they are always seeking such expertise and open to sensible advice. It's easy to say blithely that we don't have the right people but a bit more difficult to actually increase commercial revenue significantly at a backwater L2 club, which is what we are, especially with the Chiefs down the road.
My thoughts exactly. If you know better. Put yourself forward.

malcolms

Yes John and great contacts but would I help the club no because as you and many others have found out it’s pointless as they do it there way.

We will always be a lower league club John as that’s the way it’s always been it won’t change as it is now, We are in the the big shadow of the best rugby team in the uk and sporting business in Exeter. The club need to step up.
"Best rugby team in the UK"? Hyperbole alert....

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yet another sweeping generalisation, backed up with zero facts ! Absolutely no reason why you can't this time is there ?

Simply tell us (a) what did you offer to do, (b) how/who did you contact at the Club/Trust and (c) how were you turned down ?

Time to put up or shut up buddy !
........Seconded as a former Trustee would also be very interested to know the answers.

J-Han

It would work the same as it does for alot of teams in lower leagues than us with less support, less money but they get the kit deals.

Let’s face it we are not the best in making money with merchandise or replica shirts anyway.

So explain how Torquay get NIKE kits, are they a bigger club than us, Argyle get Puma but we are not in a position to change, something is messed up.
I was talking to a friend of mine who was corresponding with the shop regarding an out of stock order and they during that conversation they said "our records show by the end of our financial year we will see a new record turnover for the club shop and all concerned are very happy with that result". Something is obviously being done right, and didn't the club shop's Twitter say that this home shirt has been the highest selling home shirt ever? https://twitter.com/ECFCshop/status/1095981647130955777

Also, I've spoken to the people in the shop and they said they go with the likes of Joma because Adidas and big name brands of the like don't offer bespoke kits. It's a case of picking a kit from the catalog and putting City's badge on it with bigger brands. I'm sure there are other business related reasons we aren't privvy to, but this is what myself and others have been told from the people in the shop when we've asked.

Have you ever just thought about asking them? Mike in the reception is always more than helpful and insightful.