• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019/20 kits

Boyo

Yes John and great contacts but would I help the club no because as you and many others have found out it’s pointless as they do it there way.

We will always be a lower league club John as that’s the way it’s always been it won’t change as it is now, We are in the the big shadow of the best rugby team in the uk and sporting business in Exeter. The club need to step up.
So you think you’re on a position to positively help the Club and you think the Club needs to “step up” but you refuse to do so because they are set in their ways?

Dannyred

So you think you’re on a position to positively help the Club and you think the Club needs to “step up” but you refuse to do so because they are set in their ways?
basically yes

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
basically yes
So (1) you dont care about the wellbeing of the club and are happy to let poor quality people stay in their positions, (2) you're actually just too lazy to put yourself forward or (3) you are worried that you wouldn't actually do as good a job as you think you would.

Far easier to just slate peoples efforts from the sidelines than actually step up and make a difference.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Well, then you're as much the problem as "them" Danny.

To be frank, your few posts on this subject don't lead me to believe that you actually do have knowledge or contacts in this field.

Last edited:

Boyo

Well, then you're as much the problem as "them" Danny.

To be frank, your few posts on this subject don't lead me to believe that you actually do have knowledge or contacts in this field.
Agreed. He doesn't come across as particularly knowledgeable at all.

I would love to be proved wrong, but I'm not expecting a response.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
No mention on the Club’s site so does anyone know if we are going to have any new kits for this season.

Red Bill

Yes John and great contacts but would I help the club no because as you and many others have found out it’s pointless as they do it there way.

We will always be a lower league club John as that’s the way it’s always been it won’t change as it is now, We are in the the big shadow of the best rugby team in the uk and sporting business in Exeter. The club need to step up.
What a great attitude, its always someone else fault, everything in the third person. I think Anonymous has already summed it up pretty well, but what have you done that's made you believe what you do about the club? Who have you approached with your ideas, who's slapped you down? Or are you, as I suspect, someone who's actually never done or tried to do anything and is using the idea that we're a club stuck in its ways to prevent having to expose yourself to the risk of not being able to deliver what you've promised.

We all support one of the few clubs where as fans we actually do have some say. If you genuinely believe you have a good and innovative idea, then approach someone with it. If you're a Trust member, make some plans with some costings and expected savings/benefits and details of hows and wheres and take it to a board meeting.

For what its worth regarding kit, I also wonder if we're simply doing what every other club does without stopping to think if there's a better way. Maybe we don't need to go to a recognised sportswear manufacturer at all, maybe there's a local clothing manufacturer who'd jump at the chance of making our kits, giving us far more flexibility and control. I just don't know anything about the rag trade. If i did though, or knew someone who did and could get an idea of how many shirts we order and how much we pay, I'd certainly look into it with a view to putting it to the club, or failing that putting it to the Trust board in the hope they'd put it to the club. But please don't just sit and moan and do nothing.

Corey

No mention on the Club’s site so does anyone know if we are going to have any new kits for this season.
They had a big sale at the ends of the season of the away and third kits, so I would guess that we’ll see new ones of them, but keep the home kit for another year.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
For what its worth regarding kit, I also wonder if we're simply doing what every other club does without stopping to think if there's a better way. Maybe we don't need to go to a recognised sportswear manufacturer at all, maybe there's a local clothing manufacturer who'd jump at the chance of making our kits, giving us far more flexibility and control. I just don't know anything about the rag trade. If i did though, or knew someone who did and could get an idea of how many shirts we order and how much we pay, I'd certainly look into it with a view to putting it to the club, or failing that putting it to the Trust board in the hope they'd put it to the club. But please don't just sit and moan and do nothing.
Don't know about local, Bill, but that's exactly my train of thought. Easier to squeeze more margin from a smaller middle man, the slider being that they tend to be more inclined to disruption. You pays your money.

I'd be tempted to talk to companies that are in the sports clothing trade, but not necessarily football, to see what they might be able to offer. A company like Mazuri, for instance.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know about local, Bill, but that's exactly my train of thought. Easier to squeeze more margin from a smaller middle man, the slider being that they tend to be more inclined to disruption. You pays your money.

I'd be tempted to talk to companies that are in the sports clothing trade, but not necessarily football, to see what they might be able to offer. A company like Mazuri, for instance.
From memory wasn’t it a small Leicester based Company who first started producing replica kits. Having said that price as a criteria should not be everything it has to be joined by reliable service and support.

Last edited: