• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£100k scoreboard. Yay or Nay.

Good enhancement of the matchday experience, over priced vanity project, do the fans really want one

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is a daft argument, with too many associations with sectarianism for me.
Nothing to do with sectarianism, For one thing if I met a person from Plymouth I wouldn't "Hate" them or wish them any ills, Its rivalry of local football teams, Think you should look up sectarianism and read exactly what that means. Anyway back to the scoreboard, Well done Lez for being the "Thomas Dolby" and let's hope we can take advantage of it and make a shedload from it.

grecIAN Harris

You are looking far too deep into this. It's nothing more good old fashioned football rivalry.

Red Bill

I'm with you on this one Suzi. It's a ridiculously childish standpoint anyway but the same thinking that saw people attacking German cars after we lost to Germany in the the semi final of the Euros years ago.
Green is a really good representation of Devon to me. Not because of that lot down the road, who I despise, but because growing up in rural Devon it represents the green rolling hills that I missed so much during my long exile in the city, and so much looked forward to returning to. Those ******* down the road don't own green, it's not even the same shade ffs!

andrew p long

an unexpected benefit for me, even though not at the game!

Watching the extended highlights (10 minute package as part of my ifollow subscription) it was good to see the time at which things happened at the away end.

Antony Moxey

The colours really aren't important given what the advert is about. I find it fundamentally weird when people get hung up on something so trivial, especially when it's about something important and irrelevant to specific clubs. It's just sad really.
The colours most definitely are important when you can’t read what the advert is about because the text is too small. The message is completely lost and all you see is green and white scarves and wonder what on earth it’s all about. I have no idea what the advert was trying to say

denzel

A presentation at half time and it was also announced over the tannoy, but you not paying attention is somehow not keeping fans informed. Starting to sound like a you problem, pal.
I didn't see the presentation either, was in the queue for the loo and didn't hear the tannoy.
This is actually a good reason to have the big screen, to communicate messages which the club feel is important on a rolling basis. But it seems a few people didn't see the message, either due to the green scarf or the small text. To me that feels like good feedback on a test event, rather than labelling everyone who doesn't agree with you a 'problem'.

iscalad

Hell, some people on here are precious. Mind you, Ginsters are sh1te pasties.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
For feedback purposes the subtitles were hidden under the Tracks Suzuki promotion logo, so if the subtitles were one line long you couldn't read it.

Good resolution, and I like the fact that you can play previous match highlights pre match. Are you going to be getting images of the opposition players to hoist up when announcing the team news? Also are you going to do the players goal Gifs (I think that's what they are called) when they score? If we had done yesterday I'd know already.

dontpassback

A presentation at half time and it was also announced over the tannoy, but you not paying attention is somehow not keeping fans informed. Starting to sound like a you problem, pal.
The tannoy on the big bank is barely legible and at half time I was queuing for the toilet,and as a city supporter of well over 50 years,I don’t think I am the problem,I think the problem is people like you who don’t like criticism!

Reactions: DB9

DB9

The tannoy on the BB has always been hit and miss, Virtually since the BB was redeveloped. I'm hoping the new scoreboard now that's up and running the club could really look into why the tannoy system is so hit and miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.