• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Probably the same hartridge one I heard then.

I just pass them on.
What did you hear about Hartridge?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
What did you hear about Hartridge?
Similar to the Kite gossip really. Hartridge is unhappy with GC, unhappy at the club now and wanting away. Feels frozen out.

Now, understand this is pub gossip and rumour but as they are local lads there could possibly be something in it but I couldn't say either way.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Similar to the Kite gossip really. Hartridge is unhappy with GC, unhappy at the club now and wanting away. Feels frozen out.

Now, understand this is pub gossip and rumour but as they are local lads there could possibly be something in it but I couldn't say either way.
Further to that, according to the story I heard, the usual manager and player fall out comes into it. Right, wrong or indifferent, who knows? 🤔

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Hartridge decided before Gary even arrived he wasn't staying beyond this season. This must be one of the biggest non stories possible but I guess it can still be spun to look like Gary isn't interested in the Academy.........

JGrecian23

Hartridge decided before Gary even arrived he wasn't staying beyond this season. This must be one of the biggest non stories possible but I guess it can still be spun to look like Gary isn't interested in the Academy.........
Well he isn't.

exeips

OK but one of the reason for the academy is to improve players like Hartridge and sell them on for a good fee, when they decide to move on.

So how much could we have got for Hartridge from a tribunal before Gary arrived and how much do you think we'd get from a tribunal now?

Mid Devon Grecian

H
OK but one of the reason for the academy is to improve players like Hartridge and sell them on for a good fee, when they decide to move on.

So how much could we have got for Hartridge from a tribunal before Gary arrived and how much do you think we'd get from a tribunal now?
He’s over the age limit isn’t he? He’ll be a free agent. We’ll get nothing.

Exehausted

H

He’s over the age limit isn’t he? He’ll be a free agent. We’ll get nothing.
And the same with Harry, he can walk for nothing.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A great shame but no doubt like Jack he’ll find somewhere where he’s more appreciated. Our loss will be their gain.
Not necessarily, just as many that leave go on to do very little or certainly no better than when they were with us. Kite could easily do another MJ. League 2 midfielder.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well he isn't.
He isn't for a reason. If we played 6 or 7 academy players each week like we've done in previous seasons we'd likely be relegated. We've lost Collins and Key. GC has given loads of game time to Diabate, Hartridge and Cox this season.

He's also given game time to Jake Richards, and Pedro Borges. How does that show a lack of interest in the academy?