• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum - Thursday 15 February

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting to hear that the covered pitch doesn’t need to be at the training ground. Top pitch at the top of the uni anyone? 😉

View attachment 14815
Wasn't it mentioned that we are looking to build one at King George's playing field in the past ?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can recall Tiz and Matt Taylor saying exactly the same thing in terms of the work is done prior to match day and they leave the players to get on with it. What GC said was hardly something new :confused:
Tis on rare occassions would come into the Spot re-game. Ashe said his work was done by then, with instruction to players.

Colesman Ballz

Wasn't it mentioned that we are looking to build one at King George's playing field in the past ?
Not so much as "in the past", but isn't the idea that of a "community facility" being built there under consideration, with involvement from our City Community Trust ? :unsure:

malcolms

Anyone know his background?

He's been with the club a long time..Initial expertise in performance analysis..No obvious outside experience in the identification of talent, but if he does his homework and develops a range of contacts then no reason he can't do a good job..

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The laissez-faire management on match day might explain the slow starts.

Always imagined the manager being a prematch Mr Motivator in the dressing room, but seems in GC’s case he does all his work at Cliff Hill.
We've scored early goals in four of our last five away games so perhaps we need to copy whatever we're doing for away games where it feels like we haven't scored an early goal in living memory.

Mid Devon Grecian

Not so much as "in the past", but isn't the idea that of a "community facility" being built there under consideration, with involvement from our City Community Trust ? :unsure:
Yes. Tagg talked about this at the AGM. I think to stand a chance of getting the funding it’s needs to go down the community/charity route but City would somehow get access that satisfied the rulebook for Cat 2 status.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've just listened to this and going through the thread now so apologies if I repeat some things that have been said on posts I haven't yet read 😁

That new kiosk looks in an awful position. Not only will the queue have to be where the existing one is, but using the disabled loo will be an absolute mission to get to.
Totally agree. It's going to need a really robust queing system.

I presume a number of things from that- Kenniford is going at the end of the season
I think they said they'll start a conversation? I assume this means they feel Kenniford are under-paying for their pitch and they'll ask for a better deal? Kenniford is obviously popular so it would be churlish to dismiss them without having that conversation first.

Jeremy/Joe presentation was broadly same as the one they have at the AGM. I do feel quite comforted by their professionalism and thoughtfulness.

You get a sense they really do understand the model and want to maintain it. They see an opportunity to use our limited means as a way of attracting more corporate sponsorship!
Totally agree. They seem both dedicated and equally as important IMO personable. I'm impressed that they are trying to address some of the gripes we've had about facilities and capacity at SJP.

Also good to see we are [finally] appointing a new s&c coach, and it looks like Marcus will be getting a deputy..
This is good news. Also made me realise just what a big organisation the club is these days. You can see why we need a CEO and a CFO.

The laissez-faire management on match day might explain the slow starts.
I think it's commonplace in football. Gary Neville said he hardly ever heard Ferguson's voice on the training pitch (though he was present) and on a match day before the game he wasn't in the dressing room but waiting outside when the players left.

All in all really interesting stuff, especially the second part where we found out some new things.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would like to see Muskwe play before passing any judgement on his game. As far as I'm concerned he's never been fit since joining us which, if true is a massive mistake on someone's part or extremely unlucky.
He was a desperation signing and clearly wasn't and hasn't been fit since he joined us. He's done nothing to convince me he was worth keeping after he got injured again. We should've just binned him off after his last injury. To say his loan has been a success is ridiculous. Sinisalos and trevitt (until he got injured) were successes. Muskwe wasn't even close.

Last edited:

Mid Devon Grecian

He's been with the club a long time..Initial expertise in performance analysis..No obvious outside experience in the identification of talent, but if he does his homework and develops a range of contacts then no reason he can't do a good job..
I imagine having GC & Crosby at his side has helped him grow in stature and feed off of their extensive contacts in the game.

Boyo

Interesting to hear that the covered pitch doesn’t need to be at the training ground. Top pitch at the top of the uni anyone? 😉

View attachment 14815
During the University term that 4G pitch at the Uni is in constant use. I would be surprised if that was converted to an indoor facility and used by the club.

There's a massive shortage of 4G pitches in and around Exeter. All the High Schools in Exeter have sand based astros, which are not FA standard (and can be dangerous in wet weather). I believe there are only four 4G pitches. The one at the Uni, Exwick, Cranbrook school and the one at the Cliff Hill.