• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum - Thursday 15 February

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can recall Tiz and Matt Taylor saying exactly the same thing in terms of the work is done prior to match day and they leave the players to get on with it. What GC said was hardly something new :confused:
Well, excuse the ignorance, just wasn't aware ! Always thought the dessing room pre-match team talk from a coach was standard, seems not. Maybe the skipper assumes the geeing up role - could imagine Aimson doing that and us starting slowly.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
For the moment was my reading between the lines. It was said that the programme is just covering costs currently so I'm wondering if they may switch soon to a monthly glossy like they have at Wigan maybe. It's difficult to see it continuing in it's current format and I suspect if you factor in the cost of the time needed to produce it then it's days are numbered common sense suggests. People's habits of buying programmes are very different to what they were probably even 10 years ago let alone 30 or more
A magazine covering a group of games plus a higher quality on-the-day insert with team news / team sheet sold for £1 next to the 50:50 sellers makes sense. Modern printers can churn out very good stuff very quickly and it would only take a few minutes to get them round to each corner of the ground.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, excuse the ignorance, just wasn't aware ! Always thought the dessing room pre-match team talk from a coach was standard, seems not. Maybe the skipper assumes the geeing up role - could imagine Aimson doing that and us starting slowly.
No probs Elgin. What you describe as the Warnock style battle cry would still take place in some half time dressing rooms but before a game is more what happens the lower down the pyramid you go when teams aren't training all week.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watched most of it on YouTube, got to about 10 mins into the finance section before the missus got fed up (fair enough).

Thought it was interesting and worth doing. I understand where @Antony Moxey was coming from, the host was hard to listen to, I think he was either talking too loud or had the microphone too close to his mouth because others who used his microphone sounded fine.

Marcus came across very well, very knowledgeable and thorough.

GC is a lovely bloke isn't he? Can't help but really like him.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
No. That was Emmanuel Ugochukwu Ezenwa Panther……
Complete with his broad Scottish accent ! May have fitted in nicely in our current squad ! :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The summary of yesterday, though I think that confirms what was already posted. Looking forward to seeing the slides.

Which GC-outer from here rocked up in the Rangers strip then??😅

tom_ecfc

Enjoyed the 2nd part of the fans forum. 1st part was less enjoyable and we didn’t really hear too much from the players.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see that Category 2 status is on the cards for the academy did they give any timelines when this is likely to be achieved?

tom_ecfc

I see that Category 2 status is on the cards for the academy did they give any timelines when this is likely to be achieved?
Interesting to hear that the covered pitch doesn’t need to be at the training ground. Top pitch at the top of the uni anyone? 😉

IMG_2221.jpeg