• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum - Thursday 15 February

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
During the University term that 4G pitch at the Uni is in constant use. I would be surprised if that was converted to an indoor facility and used by the club.

There's a massive shortage of 4G pitches in and around Exeter. All the High Schools in Exeter have sand based astros, which are not FA standard (and can be dangerous in wet weather). I believe there are only four 4G pitches. The one at the Uni, Exwick, Cranbrook school and the one at the Cliff Hill.
Whilst they said the indoor pitch doesn’t have to be at the Cliff Hill surely logistically it would be preferable for it to be so the first team can make use of it too?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was a desperation signing and clearly wasn't and hasn't been fit since he joined us. He's done nothing to convince me he was worth keeping after he got injured again. We should've just binned him off after his last injury. To say his loan has been a success is ridiculous. Sinisalos and trevitt (until he got injured) were successes. Muskwe wasn't even close.
While I'd agree wholeheartedly that Muskwe's loan can't thus far be described as a success, he might yet come good.

The Middlesbrough game was just his fourth start after returning from injury. You'd assume that at that juncture he would have been approaching something like optimum fitness and, moreover, I thought he played very well.

Since then, Admiral has had just one start in what was by all accounts an abject performance all-round at Fleetwood. Like others, I'm desperately disappointed with the contribution Muskwe has made since he has been with us, but would like to think that he must have more to offer than we have seen so far.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's a massive shortage of 4G pitches in and around Exeter. All the High Schools in Exeter have sand based astros, which are not FA standard (and can be dangerous in wet weather). I believe there are only four 4G pitches. The one at the Uni, Exwick, Cranbrook school and the one at the Cliff Hill.
Cranbrook is a 3G pitch. The guy that headed up the team that installed it told me that. Also, I don't think it's FA standard, I think it's too small for men's 11-a-side football. The one at the Cliff Hill is unique in these parts, I think, in that it's cork based, rather than the others being rubber crumb based (which the one Cranbrook is).

HarryECFC

He was a desperation signing and clearly wasn't and hasn't been fit since he joined us. He's done nothing to convince me he was worth keeping after he got injured again. We should've just binned him off after his last injury. To say his loan has been a success is ridiculous. Sinisalos and trevitt (until he got injured) were successes. Muskwe wasn't even close.
I'm sure it's not as simple as simply just give him back. There would probably be fee's involved. that probably amount very close to what the initial payment will be anyway.

He's out of contract in the summer, Luton have loaned him out and probably adjusted budget to him being gone and not being renewed in the summer anyway. It's clearly a similar situation as with James Scott, he's gone 'officially' on loan...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
While I'd agree wholeheartedly that Muskwe's loan can't thus far be described as a success, he might yet come good.

The Middlesbrough game was just his fourth start after returning from injury. You'd assume that at that juncture he would have been approaching something like optimum fitness and, moreover, I thought he played very well.

Since then, Admiral has had just one start in what was by all accounts an abject performance all-round at Fleetwood. Like others, I'm desperately disappointed with the contribution Muskwe has made since he has been with us, but would like to think that he must have more to offer than we have seen so far.
literally-grasping-at-straws-reaching.gif

Colesman Ballz

Whilst they said the indoor pitch doesn’t have to be at the Cliff Hill surely logistically it would be preferable for it to be so the first team can make use of it too?
Of course, but if the equation is having one that is externally funded at KGV playing field (which our first team would also have use of) or finding the seven figure sum to install one at the Cliff Hill instead, it is surely a "no brainer". If the funding is forthcoming than it could happen sooner and shorten the time needed to reach Cat 2 Academy Status.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

When we signed Muskwe, I said on here that he would be a good signing based on what a Wycombe supporting friend of mine said about his time there in the Championship.

He's been dreadful, but I agree, there must be a player in there somewhere...

Grecian Max

Wait is Muskwe coming back then?

Rosencrantz

Wait is Muskwe coming back then?
Back in some kind of training I think GC said. I wouldn't think he will be on view that imminently given the length of time out.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's been dreadful, but I agree, there must be a player in there somewhere...
While I agree he's been bang average, I tend to think he's mediocrity has been overstated on here, as a result of a variety of factors including: the not-insignificant expectation when we signed him; the long wait for him to feature; and the scarcity of his appearances.

As you've said, you have to think there's a player in there somewhere and that, if he can get himself fit, we might yet see it. Of course, it might just be that we've been 'sold a pup' but I'm reserving judgement for now.