• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City U23's versus Swansea City U23's - Premier League Cup Group Match Kick Off 7.00 p.m. BST 04 19.00 hours

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clubs preview of tomorrow's match https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/swans-u23-preview/

Couple things to note 7.00 kick off and No live Stream (not even Swans TV) Social media will be providing updates. The only way to see the match live is on the day in the ground.

Although the article states the three teams in our group are apparently Category One Academies, further research suggests Swansea are actually Category two having formerly been a Category one academy and saving them approx £4m a year in costshttps://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-extent-swansea-citys-substantial-19913950 . Swansea U23's plying their trade in Group B of the PDL 2 along with Bristol City and Colchester Utd and others? They have yet to play a game within that league and currently are bottom.

We will probably play a fairly similar side to last Friday's with more game time for Colin Daniel as an overaged player, along with Seymour from the first team and Cox and Lee getting more game time. It may be we play a few other first teamers to help establish our position in this group but we shall see. Also will Coley be fit enough for some minutes?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to add to the above..

Admission Adults £5
Seniors/18-23 £4
U18 £1

You can buy tickets in advance from the booth in Red Square or online,also available on the gate.

IP Office Stand only open.

Grecian Max

Why is there no live stream? Bit annoying to see engaging things like the u23 being stripped back again now the restrictions are down... should be an option to watch it where ever you are not just in Exeter. Argyle managed it so why can't we?

CWH-NYC_

Agree, I would like to watch it, happy to pay a few quid if required.

robchave

Likewise. I was looking forward to the games in this competition. Wasn't it part of the iplayer bundle last year?

Grecian Max

I believed they were streamed for free. I would pay the asking price to watch these games of course. Just a real shame, got to like watching the youth games that were streamed at the time... the tech is there I guess the club want to maximise the gate but I'm sure at those prices people would also additionally stream it. Can't make many games, especially Tuesdays so just feel locked out of that.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have to agree this consensus that it's a shame that this game isn't being streamed. The irony is that if this was a league game being played on a Tuesday it would be available on iFollow.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

CraigECFC

This competition is a great opportunity to showcase our academy and youth. An opportunity to get fans excited about our next prospects. No idea why we wouldn’t live stream this? We managed to get pre season friendlies live on YouTube don’t see why we can’t do the same for this competition?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have to agree this consensus that it's a shame that this game isn't being streamed. The irony is that if this was a league game being played on a Tuesday it would be available on iFollow.
Whilst I agree in principle, I believe that the reality is that if the game was streamed, less might turn up to watch in person. Given the important development that players gain playing in front of crowds, I guess the Club felt this was a catch 22. I guess the Media Team might want a bit of a break too.