• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymuff Argyle U23's V Exeter City U23's Premier League Cup qualifying tie 2.00 p.m. (14.00) Kick off BST Match Day Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hopefully we’ll be able to watch the Wolves away game. I’d aim to be there. Great result today, always good to beat Argyle, especially away from home.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was driving this afternoon so unfortunately couldn’t watch or follow the match.
I’ve just seen the score. What a great win.
It’s always good to get one over on our friends down the road, but more importantly it gives us six more good quality games.
This competition has given our younger players some valuable experience over the last few years.
I see we play Wolves at Aggborough. I may try and get to that one if I’m available and we’re allowed in.
I had some lovely soup there once when we used to play Kidderminster. Although I think I’ve mentioned that on here before. Maybe if I feel the need to talk about it again I’ll do it on the Soup Thread!
The bad news is that Kidderminster have fallen out with the caterers who produced the food that the ground was famous for.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seymour may have scored twice for the U23s but on multiple occasions has failed to step up and transfer that into men's football.

I hope he does, most other academy players have, I just don't see it happening though, at least not with our style of play.
He may not have suited our Bowman-centric style of play for the last 2 seasons but I think he could do better alongside Amond or Nombe. The most important thing for Ben today was that he showed he is still ahead of Sonny Cox in the pecking order which means he is only one injury away from being on the bench for the first team and probably coming on as a sub.

andrew p long

Bridgy/FBH - the Wolves away game at Aggborough is in Feb (see the Wolves link posted by SEAGrecian a couple of pages back) I too am up for this one (I live 5 miles up the road from Aggborough). Looks like 11 or 14 Feb at 2pm. 14 Feb is a Tuesday I think...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bridgy/FBH - the Wolves away game at Aggborough is in Feb (see the Wolves link posted by SEAGrecian a couple of pages back) I too am up for this one (I live 5 miles up the road from Aggborough). Looks like 11 or 14 Feb at 2pm. 14 Feb is a Tuesday I think...
Sounds like a perfect way to spend Valentine's Day!

Bridgy 81

Shame about the soup but I hope to be able to do either 11th or 14th although won’t be certain until nearer the time.
If it’s the Monday (14th) and I can go I’ll be the one carrying a red rose and bottle of wine 🌹🥂

Nigel E

Have been digging around on the West Ham website and it suggests that our away match at Rush Green stadium will be on Weds 13th October at 2pm. If so, looks like a decent date for us as no midweek 1st team match that week.

dontpassback

God result,our youth academy is way in front of theirs,to their credit they are trying to emulate our set up,but as we know it takes time and under BRENTY boy that was not on their list of priories,hallet however has seen what a good youth set up can produce and is keen on that route,wether or not Lowe buys into that we will have to wait and see,but always good to put the massive green army in their place !

Oldsmobile-88

Great to that the U23 squad have progressed to the group stage.
They were superb in 19/20 progressing to the knock out stage before the season was prematurely finished.

denzel

Love that Pasoti are eulogising about Seymour. Maybe Lowe could put in an offer, seven figure only please :cool: