• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Change of kick off time for the Southend home game next Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me it would be ideal if it went to 1945 so I can watch it.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Praying for early, with the clock changes I’m only 9 hours ahead now

Moving the kick-off times of Exeter City v Southend and Stevenage v Mansfield...it's what he would have wanted.

grecIAN Harris

Why? Is the funeral at SJP?

Don't see the point tbh. Without wanting to be disrespectful, some of us are more interested in watching a game of football than the funeral of a man we don't know or have never met.
Would you say the same about The Queen? Did you say it about Princess Diana? If you didn't want to be disrespectful, probably best to say nothing in the first place. Call it old fashioned or whatever else you care to but I think you'll find national protocol calls for the country to stop when a leading Royal has their funeral.

StroudGrecian

Moving the kick-off times of Exeter City v Southend and Stevenage v Mansfield...it's what he would have wanted.
Exactly, no doubt the revised KO times are to be found within the detailed instructions for Operation Forth Bridge. :rolleyes:

It is this kind of nonsense that makes me realise just how much I despise the institution that is the monarchy. It is an medieval anachronism that simply has no place in the 21st century. I am astonished that so many 'subjects' (ffs) continue to be duped into believing them necessary, or desirable, or 'value for money' (ffs!), but most of the time I just accept this level of stupidity (along with e.g. almost 14 million voting Tory). What does **** me off though is when they get in the way of everyday life - I understand they need to bury the old racist but there is no need for that to impact on anything. else. at. all.

If anyone wants to watch the footy and the funeral I'm sure the service will be available on iplayer or umpteen repeats across all feckin channels over the coming weeks - I don't understand why it needs to be watched 'live - since when did funerals become spectator sport?

rant over.

Legohead

Banned
Would you say the same about The Queen? Did you say it about Princess Diana? If you didn't want to be disrespectful, probably best to say nothing in the first place. Call it old fashioned or whatever else you care to but I think you'll find national protocol calls for the country to stop when a leading Royal has their funeral.
If the Queen died then yes, the same applies. I am not a Royalist, i've never met the Queen and don't know her therefore her death has no real significance for me personally. I'd rather watch a game of football than the funeral of the Queen. I must be the only person on here who wouldn't bow before the Queen if i met her. She's just another human being like me who sh*ts, farts but has more money and status.

This is not to say that i am not sad if she died or do not respect her as a person. Often dumb people think that if a death of a high profile person doesn't make someone go into hysterics or make someone completely overreact about then somehow they are uncaring. Which is a load of cobblers.

When Princess Diana died i was shocked. Not at the death but the sheer outpouring of fake grief bordering on hysteria. Also back then there were only a handful of channels on tv and it was on every channel nearly all day. Ridiculous. By all means show her funeral for the full day for people who are interested, but do it on the one channel please and let the rest of us watch something else.

Tradition makes no sense at times so if you don't mind, i'll say what i like about my view on this thanks very much and i'll decide what is best for me to say.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Exactly, no doubt the revised KO times are to be found within the detailed instructions for Operation Forth Bridge. :rolleyes:

It is this kind of nonsense that makes me realise just how much I despise the institution that is the monarchy. It is an medieval anachronism that simply has no place in the 21st century. I am astonished that so many 'subjects' (ffs) continue to be duped into believing them necessary, or desirable, or 'value for money' (ffs!), but most of the time I just accept this level of stupidity (along with e.g. almost 14 million voting Tory). What does **** me off though is when they get in the way of everyday life - I understand they need to bury the old racist but there is no need for that to impact on anything. else. at. all.

If anyone wants to watch the footy and the funeral I'm sure the service will be available on iplayer or umpteen repeats across all feckin channels over the coming weeks - I don't understand why it needs to be watched 'live - since when did funerals become spectator sport?

rant over.
A Stroudy rearing up par excellence :)

Chill bro’ before you blow a gasket.

Have a nice brew of the old Red Bush to calm down a bit.

Here to soothe.

jimbo-gould

Find stuff like this so annoying. Yes it is sad someone has died and I feel for his family and loved ones, but don’t make the rest of us move from our schedule because of it.

Legohead

Banned
Find stuff like this so annoying. Yes it is sad someone has died and I feel for his family and loved ones, but don’t make the rest of us move from our schedule because of it.
Exactly. A sane and common sense answer Jimbo! No doubt those of us who feel like this will be told that we have no empathy or some other guilt trip sort of accusation. If a bloke i don't even know or have never met who lives in Stockport goes on holiday to Alaska and gets eaten by a bear then would i want to attend his funeral or watch it if it were televised?

Anyone who does is really odd. I accept that Prince Philip is obviously a public figure but the principle is the same .

andrew p long

the tricky thing in rearranging is accomodating Southend's journey, minimising the need for an overnight stop. So this one might go back to 5pm rather than forward to 1pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.