• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Floodlit Cup Final - Wed 18th Nov 6.30pm kick off

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Offering contracts is the easy bit. Getting them to sign it is the most difficult bit especially when other clubs are interested.
If we don't get reasonable compensation wouldn't it be great that players leaving cheaply become Trust Members to recognise what ECFC's investment ?
I wonder if Olly could be persuaded by MJ to join the Trust to payback ECFC for what it has given him ?
I know they are dreams but we need the £ !
UTC

jase 07

If we don't get reasonable compensation wouldn't it be great that players leaving cheaply become Trust Members to recognise what ECFC's investment ?
I wonder if Olly could be persuaded by MJ to join the Trust to payback ECFC for what it has given him ?
I know they are dreams but we need the £ !
UTC
This is a great idea and I am sure Ollie will look after the Club but to be fair the Club have already been handsomely compensated for Ollie

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is a great idea and I am sure Ollie will look after the Club but to be fair the Club have already been handsomely compensated for Ollie
Indeed....He signed a contract with the club,hence the Grecians were not screwed over when bigger clubs came knocking.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Yes, Cox was 15 end of last season. Everyone knew about him well before tonight, he was in City's first team squads for the pre season games.

He is, I believe, regularly off having trials at Premiership clubs so is likely to follow the Ampadu,Stansfield, Chrisene line of leaving in the summer before he turns 17. Hopefully for big bucks!

But what a fabulous game. Huge thanks to those who organised the coverage on Youtube for us. I was busy until after 7.30, so watched it 'as live' . thank heaven I resisted the temptation at half time, 3-1 down, just to check what by then was the final score. I think if I'd seen 3-7 I'd have misread it as 3-1 with no second half goals.

Busy couple of days for Sonny Cox. On the bench for the first team last night, scoring four goals in a national final tonight. And what a second half for him - missed two penalties but still scored four times!
He only missed the second penalty. He scored the first to give him his hat trick (and then scored from the rebound from his second for his fourth goal).

Here to be pedantic. 😉

robchave

Is this the first national competition that we've won since Div 4 title? Have we ever won any others?

budegrecian

He only missed the second penalty. He scored the first to give him his hat trick (and then scored from the rebound from his second for his fourth goal).

Here to be pedantic. 😉
As I remember it, he scored from the rebound off the first penalty and hit the bar with the second.

Grecian Max

Here to be pedantic. 😉
Um... the first was saved and scored the rebound. He missed the second and scored from the resultant corner

Rosencrantz

To be fair to Pete, there was a lot going on in the second half including four goals in ten minutes with an eight minute hattrick 😉.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair to Pete, there was a lot going on in the second half including four goals in ten minutes with an eight minute hattrick 😉.
Yea but he still didn't score a "Bowman" !
UTC

WXF

Enjoyed that more than the senior’s last three playoff-finals combined. Beating a club we have long sought to emulate was a nice extra 🎂