• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Schools will have to open, The Country can't afford them not to
For the sake of the parents as well as the children.

I've seen the suggestion that some schools will make the children wear masks. Not sure that is needed, but could see that it would be a good idea for adults that work in the school.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
For the sake of the parents as well as the children.

I've seen the suggestion that some schools will make the children wear masks. Not sure that is needed, but could see that it would be a good idea for adults that work in the school.
Kids and masks i don't think are a good mix but certainly the teachers would benefit wearing them.

Mr Jinx

None of my three kids watch the box like i did at their age and still do, They stream stuff, Youtube stuff and stay on their phones rather than watch TV, This is where the BBC need to up their game.
My kids neither. They've not watched BBC since they weaned off In The Night Garden quite some time ago. It's all YouTube now, with smatterings of Netflix. We actually got rid of kids TV channels we were paying for through Sky about a year ago, and they didn't even notice.

You say the BBC need to up their game, but they all do, including the likes of Sky. Kids growing up don't even know they exist and that should have them worried. But how do they do that exactly? It's pretty much a war they can't win. The internet always wins. I think Rupert Murdoch realised that, hence why he sold Sky to Comcast; he got out at the top.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Kids and masks i don't think are a good mix but certainly the teachers would benefit wearing them.
I see lots of young kids (under 10) wearing masks and I don't know why. They're not obligatory.

Mr Jinx

Anyways, this isn't the politics thread!
True. But that thread's been ruined by some idiot holed up on the other side of the planet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
True. But that thread's been ruined by some idiot holed up on the other side of the planet.
You can always put him on ignore!

DB9

I see lots of young kids (under 10) wearing masks and I don't know why. They're not obligatory.
I see that too, Can't understand it either unless thier parents have some condition that makes them vunerable?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Masks offer very little protection in terms of catching C19. They hinder a carrier passing it on.

DB9

My kids neither. They've not watched BBC since they weaned off In The Night Garden quite some time ago. It's all YouTube now, with smatterings of Netflix. We actually got rid of kids TV channels we were paying for through Sky about a year ago, and they didn't even notice.

You say the BBC need to up their game, but they all do, including the likes of Sky. Kids growing up don't even know they exist and that should have them worried. But how do they do that exactly? It's pretty much a war they can't win. The internet always wins. I think Rupert Murdoch realised that, hence why he sold Sky to Comcast; he got out at the top.
Upping their game by streaming new content for younger, more tech savvy viewers, Programmes they want to see. Its like this Britbox, Which is funded by all the Terrestiral TV services. Why would anyone pay £5.99 per month for a service that shows programmes you can get on iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, Numerous Channels on Freeview etc? That service needs original content like Dramas, Films, Sit Coms etc not just repeats we can see anywhere.

DB9

Masks offer very little protection in terms of catching C19. They hinder a carrier passing it on.
But now they're Government Policy, Mind months after other nations.