• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there a thread dedicated to the BBC ?
TV Times probably more appropriate😎

tavyred

The youngsters can’t bin something they’ve never had DB. There is a separate issue (albeit anecdotal) where people who have always had a TV licence are now deciding to give the BBC and it’s services a miss. I have three people I know who have independently of each other binned their licences and are citing the BBC’s left liberal or anti-Tory bias as the reason for doing so.

Oldsmobile-88

Anyone been out for a discounted meal on the taxpayer yet ?

I would imagine Burger King,McDonalds & KFC will be rammed today ! (The madness of it)

Healthy eating 😁😎

Edit...I assume those outlets mentioned are in the scheme of course...Seem to recall some Takeaways are ineligible(Kebab shops & the like)

DB9

The youngsters can’t bin something they’ve never had DB. There is a separate issue (albeit anecdotal) where people who have always had a TV licence are now deciding to give the BBC and it’s services a miss. I have three people I know who have independently of each other binned their licences and are citing the BBC’s left liberal or anti-Tory bias as the reason for doing so.
I've don't know anyone who has given up their TV licence because of this " Anti-Tory" biased but I do know from the younger people saying at work who don't have a license because they watch TV in a totally different way.

Oldsmobile-88

I've don't know anyone who has given up their TV licence because of this " Anti-Tory" biased but I do know from the younger people saying at work who don't have a license because they watch TV in a totally different way.
Some people I know do not pay,nothing to do with politics,just that they can easily get away without paying 😁

Interesting about the bias arguments,the left are always moaning that the BBC is biased against their arguments.
Both sides moaning so to me the beeb appear to be just about right.

I can recommend Euronews or Al Jazerra if anyone wants a break from the depressing cycle of UK news broadcasters.They are both refreshing to watch & do not do nonsense quotes from ‘Sharon & Cory’ from the local High St about the latest crisis.

Banksy

The BBC have overpaid themselves and been unaccountable for too long and now the chickens are coming home to roost.One day some politician who wants to get the festering issue of the licence off his own back will authorise an opinion poll on the issue and they’ll be gone ( or rather their licence will and with it the gravy train for Lineker and Co. ) They won’t have the backing of the youngsters , as has been said , they’re not using the service , and have lost the oldsters‘ goodwill.Have to say I personally won’t miss ‘em.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Close pubs and open schools. This won't be popular, but I'm sure the Minister for Pubs, Tim Martin won't let it happen

Oldsmobile-88

Close pubs and open schools. This won't be popular, but I'm sure the Minister for Pubs, Tim Martin won't let it happen

Indeed...It’s vital that schools are open to all pupils in September...

DB9

Schools will have to open, The Country can't afford them not to

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC presenters and journalists are supposed to be impartial, politically - at least publically...
I just wonder if the BBC sneakily give some of their people a smidgen of leeway to voice a bit of anti-brexit spiel? In February 2019 the journalist Asa Bennett highlighted the fact that BBC had received 5million euros in funding from the EU since 2015 which means the Beeb might be expected to sing for it's supper. While this might be pretty small potatoes it does mean that some employees wages cost them peanuts.

As for more bias...