• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone know if Jay is contracted for next season?
Would like to think so

ryancooper327

Would like to think so
Me too. But he’s never included in the out of contract players always listed. I hope there’s not a surprise addition in there.

Red Devon

Me too. But he’s never included in the out of contract players always listed. I hope there’s not a surprise addition in there.
He had a good season and deserved to start a lot more games than he did, he has a great attitude to go with his undoubted ability...a couple of poor games yes but he has a creative spark to his game and chipped in with some crucial goals...I would not be disappointed at all to see Matt give him greater role in the team next season.

Ash

Gone tomorrow.

Bowman
Fisher
Sweeney
A martin
L martin
Sweeney
Parkes
Dickinson
Atangana
Warren
Ajose
Calm down, you're trying to ditch all our centre backs, imho Aaron Martin has had a very good season. Atangana has been mostly good too, after recovering from his injury. Those two should definitely stay. Not fussed about the rest, although Dickenson hasn't had time to prove himself and is a good age, so I'd be interested to see how he does next season. But as for the rest.....

Ash

Might be unpopular but I would be giving jmt a call to see what he wants to do,because I don’t think he would have been pushed about last night
You're right, he wouldn't have been pushed about. Because he would have been in the treatment room, yet again. Good player but no thanks, lucky to get 25 games a season out of him and he wouldn't be cheap.

grecIAN Harris

My God, there's some melodramatic $4!te on here. I could understand it in the immediate hours after the final whistle on the match day thread but what is on here is unreal.

Redarrow

One thing for sure is MT will NOT be making any decision on emotion after last night, he would have already had the list he wants to retain or let go before last nights and in my opinion Aaron Martin and Moxey need to be retained, there is a reason he chose them to lead the back line and ultimately if they are still fit and can do a job then it’s sensible work for the club.

Everyone at the minute in this thread is high on emotion and it seems everyone bar 5 players should never play for the club again!! It’s ludicrous to think that it’s a better option for MT to just release experiences pros because they didn’t turn up for one game, let’s not forget how they performed all season when we were in the mix for most of it.

LDNGrecian

Anyone know if Jay is contracted for next season?
Yes still on a 3 year deal that Tis gave him. Not sure he’s a Taylor type of player.

grecIAN Harris

One thing for sure is MT will NOT be making any decision on emotion after last night, he would have already had the list he wants to retain or let go before last nights and in my opinion Aaron Martin and Moxey need to be retained, there is a reason he chose them to lead the back line and ultimately if they are still fit and can do a job then it’s sensible work for the club.

Everyone at the minute in this thread is high on emotion and it seems everyone bar 5 players should never play for the club again!! It’s ludicrous to think that it’s a better option for MT to just release experiences pros because they didn’t turn up for one game, let’s not forget how they performed all season when we were in the mix for most of it.
Martin yes, Deano no. We got Alex Hartridge coming through who will be able to do what Deano does without being found out when he plays at left back. Deano's time has come. It's just a shame it had to end the way it did.

Redarrow

Martin yes, Deano no. We got Alex Hartridge coming through who will be able to do what Deano does without being found out when he plays at left back. Deano's time has come. It's just a shame it had to end the way it did.
I understand Hartridge is a very decent young player but ultimately he hasn’t been close to first team football this season, what makes you think he’s ready now Deano has had a bad game?

To me that comment is whilst acting on emotion as to be fair Moxey has been very solid all season when played hence why MT plays him there and gave him vice captaincy.