• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't see anything wrong with betting against your team. If you think that is what the result will be then I don't see the issue. The issue is the insensitive nature of bragging about it on a public forum on the most disappointing night of the entire season. It shows a distinct lack of self awareness.
He didn't bet anything, Lego. He's an Argyle
wind up merchant.

Time up for Moxey, Sweeney and Taylor. Build a team round Sparkes, Archie and Joel Randell next season

NZGrecian

But we are all hurting aren’t we. Cmon.
Give it a rest mate
wow you’ve been posting here for so long.

ecfc2000

Ajose is injured isn't he?
Oh ffs, as if tonight wasnt bad enough you've just reminded me this joker plays for us.

Legohead

Banned
A true gambler doesn’t reveal his hand
A true gambler never wins either. Been there myself.
Why didn’t the highest wage earner play again ?
Because he's either a crock of sh*t or should that be crocked and full of sh*t? Both really. He's a crock. A crock of sh*t and needs to find alternative employment in a role that he is more suited to. Bus driver maybe? He likes being sat on his arse. Even when he's playing.

Legohead

Banned
He didn't bet anything, Lego. He's an Argyle
wind up merchant.
In that case that's even sadder. Supporting Argyle, nowt wrong with that. Wasting your life posting inane cack on another team's forum in order to gain some pleasure indicates that all is not well with the happiness of this one and we should offer our sympathy. Be the bigger man so to speak. Well i certainly am. I'm f*cking 18 stone and on a slimming world programme.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a sickener of a match to watch. Players weren't mentally prepared for this, you could see from the moment Aaron Martin played a pass back to Maxted without looking early on from which we nearly conceded. On a normal day he wouldn't do that. Perhaps the manager's inexperience meant he couldn't motivate his players properly on the day. I'd certainly back Matt Taylor to improve in the future, but I don't feel the same way about Dean Moxey. Don't mind if I never see him in a City shirt again. Just can't understand how an experienced player like him makes that decision, he knows what's going to happen next. Anyway, we'll see what these players are really made of next season because they need to bounce back from that disgrace. Hopefully we'll hold on to Collins even though Williams will probably leave. Archie has looked even better since coming back from the long break.

Mr Jinx

Omg I agree with Jinx. That team selection against a team like Northampton was a disaster waiting to happen.
Lol. Supporting City is like supporting Labour.

We always win the argument, but never the election.

PeteUSA

A few on here have already. Literally attacking others for no reason.

I wonder, do you think you could stop with the troublemaking antaganistic comments? All your doing is looking for an argument on the matchday thread. Some of us want to talk about the match without you continually chiming in causing members to respond to your shiit!

Mr Jinx

What a sickener of a match to watch. Players weren't mentally prepared for this, you could see from the moment Aaron Martin played a pass back to Maxted without looking early on from which we nearly conceded. On a normal day he wouldn't do that. Perhaps the manager's inexperience meant he couldn't motivate his players properly on the day. I'd certainly back Matt Taylor to improve in the future, but I don't feel the same way about Dean Moxey. Don't mind if I never see him in a City shirt again. Just can't understand how an experienced player like him makes that decision, he knows what's going to happen next. Anyway, we'll see what these players are really made of next season because they need to bounce back from that disgrace. Hopefully we'll hold on to Collins even though Williams will probably leave. Archie has looked even better since coming back from the long break.
Moxey has been a walking card for a couple of seasons now, in fact I predicted he'd see red.

But the game was lost long before he walked.