• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

hern

A sad evening and a sad result. But....we've had worse times than this, so get some kip and come out tomorrow believing again.
We're a good club, and in good hands. Mistakes get made. Forgive.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The weird thing is Tis did pick an attacking side for Blackpool, and the fact they didn't win, [robably caused him to go negative for Cov.

Honestly there was little wrong with the Blackpool team he picked, it should have won, oddly think Watkins was the one that let us down,
I'm really not sure why people are talking about the Tisdale finals now, but our Blackpool performance lacked creativity around the box and every time Watkins got it he fluffed it. Blackpool also were a much better side than Northampton, who will go straight back down. For the record, I am really glad Tis is not manager anymore and love Matt Taylor as a manager still.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The weird thing is Tis did pick an attacking side for Blackpool, and the fact they didn't win, [robably caused him to go negative for Cov.

Honestly there was little wrong with the Blackpool team he picked, it should have won, oddly think Watkins was the one that let us down, was the huge star and just tried to do too much IMHO. I didn't see negativity just players that froze. We looked in control and then for about 10 minutes we couldn't keep the ball, and I know Tis probably wasn't the most inspiring half-time motivator, but am pretty sure he didn't tell them at half-time, right lads I want you to consistently pass to the oppo, just to kill the momentum we had at half-time.

You can blame Tisdale for lots of things but his tactics against Blackpool was attacking and okay, his players didn't perform, and you can blame him for not having them in the right frame of mind, but it's just revisionist nonsense to say we were negative with the side we put out in that match.
I didn't say the side he picked was negative.

Nickp

so so angry with that **** show. we made Northampton look incredible. Sweeney and Jake both need to move on.
It is time Sweeney went. Pass after pass given to the opposition. As usual? Out thought. Out fought. Defended like a Sunday pub team.

I think that’s the last we will see if Aaron Martin...I don’t think MT is ever happy with him

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
A sad evening and a sad result. But....we've had worse times than this, so get some kip and come out tomorrow believing again.
We're a good club, and in good hands. Mistakes get made. Forgive.
I'm trying. Fair comment. Deano has done great things in a City shirt not least in the final in 2008.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you show me where you wrote this prediction?
Jinxy wrote it on a bit of paper that was slipped into Matt Taylor's pocket, which he will find when he empties his troosers tomorrow just before he sits down to go over the retained list. That's magic.

Oh hang on, I'm confusing him with Lez.

grecIAN Harris

Far too much over emotional bull$4!t on here tonight. We got beaten up by a bunch of flat track Billy's. That's the be all and end all of it.

CityTillIDie

Automatics is the only way!

Mr Jinx

I'm trying. Fair comment. Deano has done great things in a City shirt not least in the final in 2008.
That was 12 years ago ffs