• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Gareth

so so angry with that shit show. we made Northampton look incredible. Sweeney and Jake both need to move on.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm glad I don't drink when I'm watching football.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey has been a walking card for a couple of seasons now, in fact I predicted he'd see red.

But the game was lost long before he walked.
Can you show me where you wrote this prediction?

Pobbop

Fair enough, as you say maybe Taylor's lack of experience got the better of him. The Coventry game can be seen in relation to the Blackpool game. That year we got an equaliser before half time and then didn't show up in the 2nd half because he was too negative. Maybe I was being too optimistic for the handbrake to be taken off a little 12 months later.
The weird thing is Tis did pick an attacking side for Blackpool, and the fact they didn't win, [robably caused him to go negative for Cov.

Honestly there was little wrong with the Blackpool team he picked, it should have won, oddly think Watkins was the one that let us down, was the huge star and just tried to do too much IMHO. I didn't see negativity just players that froze. We looked in control and then for about 10 minutes we couldn't keep the ball, and I know Tis probably wasn't the most inspiring half-time motivator, but am pretty sure he didn't tell them at half-time, right lads I want you to consistently pass to the oppo, just to kill the momentum we had at half-time.

You can blame Tisdale for lots of things but his tactics against Blackpool was attacking and okay, his players didn't perform, and you can blame him for not having them in the right frame of mind, but it's just revisionist nonsense to say we were negative with the side we put out in that match.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
"I need more men"

geoffwp

I have to say Hants, I'm not impressed with your modding tonight. Quick to smack down regular posters who have ECFC in their blood yet do absolutely nothing about this fakking NZ troll who is only here to wind up the rest of us. The cant need a fekkin good slap.

Mr Jinx

so so angry with that **** show. we made Northampton look incredible. Sweeney and Jake both need to move on.
Let's face it, no-one apart from Randell is worth keeping. Law maybe, but he's getting old.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I have to say Hants, I'm not impressed with your modding tonight. Quick to smack down regular posters who have ECFC in their blood yet do absolutely nothing about this fakking NZ troll who is only here to wind up the rest of us. The cant need a fekkin good slap.
He's gone quiet all of a sudden don't you think :)

Mr Jinx

Can you show me where you wrote this prediction?
On a private WhatsApp, could even face exeweb during game time today

Time up for Moxey, Sweeney and Taylor. Build a team round Sparkes, Archie and Joel Randell next season

and Atangana, Ward, Law, Fisher and Bowman. Get money for Williams and buy a real solid pro like Nicky Adams alongside Aaron Martin to play a young,Academy-based side around.. Give us some excitement and don't forget Seymour! Fed up of getting nobodies close season who I've barely heard of!