• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Exeter City remain a fan-owned club?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
FIGO = kcuF I'm getting old !
Love anagrams me.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lego's been quiet a couple of days....
I may be wrong but calling for someone's head to be 'stoved in' may have earn't him a spell in the sin bin. Likewise I hope he & his family are ok. Shouldn't be too much longer before he is set-free a little.

On this thread, goodness knows. Maybe Ed realised that arguing the toss with Spoonz about being biased and a stooge just wasn't going to get anywhere.

I too would be sorry to see him go even though I strongly disagreed with some of his rhetoric and sweeping statements with no apparent substance. He seemed to think that everyone who disagreed with him didn't want any aspect of the status quo challenged or questioned, which I don't believe is the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So TLDR-
the answer to the question in the thread title was the same as the last, however, many times it was discussed here. Yes, City should remain a fan-owned club until such time as someone makes a compelling case to the Trust membership to persuade them otherwise - which hasn't happened yet.

IndoMike

Love anagrams me.
Anagrams or acronyms? Just asking..

Alistair20000

I may be wrong but calling for someone's head to be 'stoved in' may have earn't him a spell in the sin bin. Likewise I hope he & his family are ok. Shouldn't be too much longer before he is set-free a little.

On this thread, goodness knows. Maybe Ed realised that arguing the toss with Spoonz about being biased and a stooge just wasn't going to get anywhere.

I too would be sorry to see him go even though I strongly disagreed with some of his rhetoric and sweeping statements with no apparent substance. He seemed to think that everyone who disagreed with him didn't want any aspect of the status quo challenged or questioned, which I don't believe is the case.
Echo that on ed.

Lego is not showing as "banned." I expect he will pleased that horse racing is starting on 1 June and that ITV are televising the first three days.

IndoMike

i don't recall that. Not a good idea to do that if he did, but Lego is extremely honest with his feelings, I think. Maybe he says things sometimes which we'd like to say
but are aware of the constraints. We do have a thread called "Who would you like to virtually punch in the face ?"..

IndoMike

About Ed, I haven't commented on whether he has stopped or not.

Alistair20000

Anagrams or acronyms? Just asking..
In this case an anagram I think; unless there is a technical word or term for a word spelt (spelled*) backwards.

My old university was known as UKC in pre historic times when I was there which we lengthened to FUKC.

* Awaits ears being boxed.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No one has been banned recenty other than a spam account that posted about fake passports the other night. I'd ike to be able to blame that on @GrecianLez but that was my mistake.

I miss banning people. :(

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
You mean my totally legit passport / driving licence aren't on their way to me ? I ordered an MOT and emissions pass certificate for the new Hotrod as well.