• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
All shops can open from 15th June
Those still remaining, that is. :(

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Those still remaining, that is. :(
Very true. At least they have been given a chance.

I wonder if the British Retail Consortium and USDAW will be hammering the airwaves saying its not safe and 3 weeks isn't enough notice.

IndoMike

Good Evening...I wasn’t sure about the lockdown rules so went for a bit of a drive 😎
View attachment 2695
Loch Down
I hate to tell you, but there's a fricking great monster behind you.

Rosencrantz

Note the dark glasses there Olds? Spot of eye trouble?
Just a short drive to test them.

elginCity

Alistair20000

Loch Down
I hate to tell you, but there's a fricking great monster behind you.
Yep. It’s called a Sturgeon

OmanGrecian

As the UK brings in quarantining, other nations are ditching it.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi Onan

Given Southern Italy was relatively shielded from all this whilst parts of the North were decimated, has there been any local uptick in cases as lockdown has been eased. Presumably not many, relatively, had had any exposure to it before you were all locked in?

Hope you get to see your nearest and dearest before too much longer.

Alistair20000

As the UK brings in quarantining, other nations are ditching it.
A cynic might say they are concerned about their summer season.

Not my view by the way.

OmanGrecian

Hi Onan

Given Southern Italy was relatively shielded from all this whilst parts of the North were decimated, has there been any local uptick in cases as lockdown has been eased. Presumably not many, relatively, had had any exposure to it before you were all locked in?

Hope you get to see your nearest and dearest before too much longer.
In my region, which is very densely populated, we have had 4,700 total cases and 405 deaths with 5 new cases today (Lombardy has 87,200 and 16,000 deaths, 285 new cases today). The South continues to drop, and like you said, we were locked down quite early. The South learnt a lot from what the North had done previously, so were able to contain it well and the hospital actions were slick. Even though the restrictions are lifting, the governor of Campania is very cautious. We have tighter restrictions in this region than the rest of the country right now.

Things to seem to be getting back to normal now, I saw Italians doing their normal kissing greeting earlier, and the bad drivers are back. I never thought the standard of driving could have gotten any worse, but it seems they have had even more skill fade. Sadly a young lad was killed outside of my apartment last week. He was texting on his phone whilst speeding along on his moped. A car had edged out of the junction (bad junction to get out of) and he slammed straight into the side of it. Phone and helmet ended up a long way behind him, such was the force of impact. Not the best of sights. Every other car has someone looking at their phone, including the police. The motorways are hellish with the drifting over lanes whilst on their phones.