• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v West Ham U21's - EFL Trophy, Match Day Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete could have played in goal tonight 👍
He might have struggled to get his bearings though, without piles of sweaters as goalposts !

IndoMike

Pete could have played in goal tonight 👍
Then Pete would have had to criticize the goalie even more 😉

Rosencrantz

Out of interest (and to check my decreasing memory) I looked up our equivalent game from two seasons ago against Chelsea U21 which we lost 3-1. Scorers for Chelsea were Callum Hudson-Odoi, Reece James and er.. Josh Grant.

Now two of them have made a step or two forward whilst I might need reminding where the other one has come to our attention last 🤔

budegrecian

Hope the Gas can step up second half, just to make the evening sweeter
They did! :)

geoffwp

I know most fans think the efl trophy is a bunch of carp, to be honest ive thought it as well, but i really did enjoy the game tonight. I thought we played some very sharp attacking football and we cut them to ribbons second half. It reminded me of the academy games ive watched where the pressure on the side is far less and they've responded by playing a more carefree game. All in all a good way to give a lot of our youngsters competitive games. **** useless not to be able to get a hot pasty though in return for freezing my nuts for the cause!

IndoMike

I know most fans think the efl trophy is a bunch of carp, to be honest ive thought it as well, but i really did enjoy the game tonight. I thought we played some very sharp attacking football and we cut them to ribbons second half. It reminded me of the academy games ive watched where the pressure on the side is far less and they've responded by playing a more carefree game. All in all a good way to give a lot of our youngsters competitive games. **** useless not to be able to get a hot pasty though in return for freezing my nuts for the cause!
I feel your pain :every day.
Anybody stand out, Geoff?
Randall, Dean ....?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
West Ham live feed

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any West Ham players worth bringing in on loan?

IndoMike

T
West Ham live feed
Thanks Hants. Why can't Devon Live provide live reports of this quality ?.
Seems like Sparkes had a great game, providing lots of crosses and hitting the post twice.
Maybe we need to consider playing both Woodman and Sparkes to stretch out opponents' defense, but we need someone who can take advantage of those crosses

Rosencrantz

T

Thanks Hants. Why can't Devon Live provide live reports of this quality ?.
Seems like Sparkes had a great game, providing lots of crosses and hitting the post twice.
Maybe we need to consider playing both Woodman and Sparkes to stretch out opponents' defense, but we need someone who can take advantage of those crosses
West Ham report not quite accurate. It was Randall who hit the post on the second occasion and Bowman who set up Randall for the third. Seymour had already been substituted by then.