• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Top 10 City strikers of the past decade?

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
He says 'STRIKERS'. By definition these are the players who play up front and score lots of goals. They are not target men, a la Flackie, or just plain old forwards, a la Bash. Strikers are in the side to score goals. That is their primary objective. Under that definative we've had three play for us in the period defined and one of them wasn't ours. Devine, Roberts and Alexander (loanee from West Ham United).
Christian Roberts was not an out and out striker, he was not really a goalscorer, his main attributes were his pace and dribbling ability, he had a decent long distance crack on him as well.

angelic upstart

He says 'STRIKERS'. By definition these are the players who play up front and score lots of goals. They are not target men, a la Flackie, or just plain old forwards, a la Bash. Strikers are in the side to score goals. That is their primary objective. Under that definative we've had three play for us in the period defined and one of them wasn't ours. Devine, Roberts and Alexander (loanee from West Ham United).
No Ian, that is your definition of a striker. Feel free to make me look stupid by providing some genuine evidence proving my theory incorrect.

Fret not folks, I'll not hold my breath...

grecIAN Harris

Christian Roberts was not an out and out striker, he was not really a goalscorer, his main attributes were his pace and dribbling ability, he had a decent long distance crack on him as well.
Hence why I said I was never totally convinced by him.

Swanaldo

He says 'STRIKERS'. By definition these are the players who play up front and score lots of goals.
Well, no, that is a definition of a good or great striker.

Someone who plays up front and sticks every effort in row Z is still a 'striker', albeit not a very good one.

angelic upstart

Ah yes, that out and out striker Christian Roberts who scored 7 one year and 11 the next.

Stanno, Mackie, Logan et al have managed this magnificent feat too.....

dommers

Gary Alexander has gone onto do very well at Millwall , he would walk into Citys side and has over 100 league goals
But he's only scored 20+ goals once in a season so can't be any good.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
But he's only scored 20+ goals once in a season so can't be any good.
pretty much a 1 in 3 ratio , thats top draw.

1 in 5 aint.

kirt f 1

reinier moor?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
when was the last time city had a striker when through on goal you just knew the net would bulge.....

not for quite a while.

wemissmoxey

when was the last time city had a striker with a stomach bulge.....

not for quite a while.
Logie, Fleetwood ?