• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You seem to have a serious grudge against our manager but I admire the BBC unbiased side swerve at the end. Disappointing as I enjoyed your positive views on the radio..............
Radio?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
sorry that was a bad joke Jim Dale is a great listen on BBC Radio Devon whenever he commentated on our away games. Gordon however is another matter

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't want to read all this inconsequential shhit, I want to know what new players we've got.
Tell us how to wear a Viking hat, get the forum buzzing

Grecian Max

The one thing that surprised me about GC's interview on the MNFC podcast was that he seemed happy with what we've got 'up top'...Nombe, Scott, Cox and Aitchson? Or does it mean that Stanno will also be back?
He mentioned specifically the 9s and did it again in Scotts interview so can only assume Nombe and Scott UNLESS the other loan is Stanno. God I hope so we need some real quality there.

ecfc_ben

So what positions we needed this window:
GK- Sinisalo
RWB - Need 2 (Julien Da costa? and Henry Lawrence?)
CB - Needed
LWB - Harper
CM - Need 2 or 3
CAM - Aitchison, need another
ST - Need 1 or 2 (Chanka Zimba? and Brad Young?)

Anything I’ve missed?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Appreciate showreels can make players appear a lot better than they are - if it’s Sinisalo between the sticks next season then I hope the reverse is also true!
Not gonna get too hung up on this but can’t pretend it isn’t at least a little disconcerting.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Appreciate showreels can make players appear a lot better than they are - if it’s Sinsolo between the sticks next season then I hope the reverse is also true!
Not gonna get too hung up on this but can’t pretend it isn’t at least a little disconcerting.
*Am hoping PeteUSA can’t access Twitter.

Banksy

Flapping around like someone putting the washing out. Hopefully he’s had many more better games than those. But have we really got him lined up on loan anyway , it’s gone a bit quiet on that front.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
*Am hoping PeteUSA can’t access Twitter.
Especially with the cost of healthcare in America.

Reactions: Egg

andrew p long

Flapping around like someone putting the washing out. Hopefully he’s had many more better games than those. But have we really got him lined up on loan anyway , it’s gone a bit quiet on that front.
He played a total of 8 games for Burton. A highlight appears to have been keeping a clean sheet in the FACup First round.* rather than say conceding 4 to Accrington.

He does desperately need a clean slate and some clean sheets

* at home to Needham Market

PS there is a thread for this player already