• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The worst keeper howler I recall at SJP was the goof by the Vegans glovesman who let Aaron Martin's 60 yard hopeful hoof upfield, bobble and trickle past him. He was a young foreign keeper on loan from Brighton. Now I wonder what he is upto now ? :unsure:

Rosencrantz

To be fair, those clips also show how easy it was to get behind the Burton defence in the first part of last season.

Grecian Max

As you were saying only the other day, it's all about opinions.;)

Still maintain Hamon got some unwarranted 5hite on here.
Only messing Egg ;)

Intheknow84

Max Kane coach has gone

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only messing Egg ;)
No problem Max. I'm [ever so slightly] flattered that: [1] after all this time, you remembered I was a big James Hamon fan; and [2] went to the trouble of trawling back through 100s of threads to demonstrate as much. ;)

arthur

The worst keeper howler I recall at SJP was the goof by the Vegans glovesman who let Aaron Martin's 60 yard hopeful hoof upfield, bobble and trickle past him. He was a young foreign keeper on loan from Brighton. Now I wonder what he is upto now ? :unsure:
Neil Gosney..

arthur

Max Kane coach has gone
Why?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Neil Gosney..
Andy Gosney ;)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I said this on the Blackman thread, but I personally am concerned about going with inexperienced goal keeper next season, one whom seemingly didn't have the best of times at Burton and ended up as Third choice with them.

Ultimately, you never know with any signings and like with any player it could prove to be master stroke, but I still would have expected better for the position than Burton's ultimate third choice Keeper (Assuming we sign him).

We as a club have shown and proven that investing in that extra bit of quality in that position pays dividends.

but if we sign him, lets hope he settles with us and performs to the best of his ability and everyone wins.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andy Gosney ;)
Harsh. When Gosney went down immediately afterwards as if he had some career-ending injury we immediately assumed it was through embarrassment. In actual fact, as I recall, it was exactly that and he never played again.