• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Accrington Stanley 'who are they?' Matchday Thread

Bridgy 81

Today, Tuesday and next Saturday conclude the set of matches before we face our run of really difficult ones.
Although Barnsley are likely to be tough.
It’d be handy to bag between 4-6 points this week or so to set us up nicely to have a crack at some of the ‘big boys’ next month.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Today, Tuesday and next Saturday conclude the set of matches before we face our run of really difficult ones.
Although Barnsley are likely to be tough.
It’d be handy to bag between 4-6 points this week or so to set us up nicely to have a crack at some of the ‘big boys’ next month.
We need 3, maybe 4 more points to ensure safety categorically and not leave anything to chance As one side always seem to get dragged into the battle despite looking relatively safe etc. (I think even with 0 points in the next 9 I think we will survive but might need a final day shootout against Morecambe to be sure). It is not implausible for the bottom sides to get 10-12 from 30 available, but I cannot see any of them getting 15-20 or certainly enough of them. Our run in is a real concern for me as I cannot see us getting much if anything from the top 7 sides but lets wait and see.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Going to be a bit breezy. Hopefully we can breeze to a win. UTC.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As it's another international break today's game can be streamed in the UK. Just a tenner to buy a video pass.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Accie terrible at home but pretty resolute away. Apart from losing at Ipswich they have drawn 4 away games including Charlton since Feb. We will have to work very hard to win this game and I hope the players are aware this wont be a walk over despite their lowly position. Another 1-1 draw today with Stanno at long last getting on the scoresheet. Crowd of 5,875

Colesman Ballz

We need 3, maybe 4 more points to ensure safety categorically and not leave anything to chance As one side always seem to get dragged into the battle despite looking relatively safe etc. (I think even with 0 points in the next 9 I think we will survive but might need a final day shootout against Morecambe to be sure). It is not implausible for the bottom sides to get 10-12 from 30 available, but I cannot see any of them getting 15-20 or certainly enough of them. Our run in is a real concern for me as I cannot see us getting much if anything from the top 7 sides but lets wait and see.
You of course raise an interesting question with your '"nightmare" scenario. If (heaven forbid), we were to go into the Morecambe game needing a win to avoid relegation back into League 2, it would bring the Club's decision to bar Jevani from playing very sharply into focus. It makes me wonder if those who support the decision like your goodself, would be swayed to abandon their position of moral righteousness and start "changing their tune" if staring relegation in the face. I am just glad that it is not a dilemma which I will face. 😎

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Please don't make this another Jevani thread!

CWH-NYC_

A scrappy 2-1 will do, more to the point who is on commentary duty today?

arthur

This is getting ridiculous. There is no way we are going to be relegated. And there's no way we are going to get no or just one or two points from our games with Derby, Bolton, Ipswich, Argyle, Peterborough and Wednesday. In case you hadn't noticed we have a good team and a competent manager

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is getting ridiculous. There is no way we are going to be relegated. And there's no way we are going to get no or just one or two points from our games with Derby, Bolton, Ipswich, Argyle, Peterborough and Wednesday. In case you hadn't noticed we have a good team and a competent manager
Sigh. I have stated even with 9 straight defeats I don't think we will go down, But I do think we need 3-4 more points to remove the possibility of something odd occurring. I think we will win today, so therefore I am just clarifying something I will be happy about at 1700 today. I do think today is a big game for us, in lieu of our remaining games being very tough.

I am talking across the whole of the remaining 10 games. Ideally with a win today and I will be happy to properly relax that relegation threat is 100% gone.