• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Accrington Stanley 'who are they?' Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
And back on topic, Hartridge obviously straight back in the side, KMac (if fit enough) in for Kegs and maybe Kite in for White to allow Archie to go back into his No 10 pairing with Stanno.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As much as I'd like Accrington to stay up, 3 points for us is more important.See you all there later.

Jason's preview

Banksy

Just trying to work out how you've managed to equate an advert with two young Scouse lads on about their footballing dreams into a slanderous slur on our opposition with racial connotations.
Definition of the expression ‘ racial memory ‘ . ‘ Feelings , patterns of thought, and fragments of experience that have been transmitted from generation to generation in all humans and have deeply influenced the mind and behaviour. ‘
P.s Hope we hammer Accrington btw.

grecIAN Harris

Definition of the expression ‘ racial memory ‘ . ‘ Feelings , patterns of thought, and fragments of experience that have been transmitted from generation to generation in all humans and have deeply influenced the mind and behaviour. ‘
P.s Hope we hammer Accrington btw.
My bad, I didn't do biology at school.

CityTillIDie

Well that’s a weird start to a MDT. Won’t be easy by any means and the wind looks like it’s not going anywhere, hoping for 3-1 win. Feels like one of those days I’ll miss a goal queuing for a beer before half time, UTC!

Bat Fastard

As much as I'd like Accrington to stay up, 3 points for us is more important.See you all there later.

Jason's preview

Agree, always had a soft spot for Stanley, hope they can stay up

grecIAN Harris

Agree, always had a soft spot for Stanley, hope they can stay up
Not had a soft spot for Accrington since that Kavanagh foul on Toddy.

Oldsmobile-88

Very blustery at SJP.. Await DT with a more in depth weather assessment.

David Treharne

Here it is Russ... I was going to put 'here' tis' ..but fans of a certain age and all that...
It's bright 12c, but feeling colder in a brisk W wind that has been gusting up to 5 during the course of the morning. There are also flecks of rain in the air, but I'd expect them to blow through by late morning. The cloud cover is about 80% with some blue sky showing through. We had 6mm of rain in the last 24 hours, but it's been a pretty wet week, with cumulative rainfall well above what we've had in the last three of four years. The pitch, however, after close inspection mid-week looks to be in excellent condition, a tribute not only to the ground staff, but also to the decision to spend proper money on it.
Incidentally, at the time of writing the UV index is 3, thehighest its been in 2023 so far.
An update at around 13:00.

Bat Fastard

Not had a soft spot for Accrington since that Kavanagh foul on Toddy.
True that was a shocker had forgotten about that….he was a scouser from memory. I’ll always root for the underdog though, how Accrington manage to survive at this level with the clubs around them is a minor miracle