• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Proposal To End Free Parking In The Evening At Exeter City Centre Car Parks

lamrobhero

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting and thank you but should this not be on the social club forum?

lamrobhero

Threads about St James Station appeared on WoWS

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably reaches a far wider audience here, as many exewebbers tend to not visit the social club that often. Thus informing as many match goers as possible. It will become an increasing problem as ECC is also planning to close a number of it's car parks and sell them off for redevelopment. This will concentrate usage in the remainder and charges will rocket accordingly !

older-codger

Oh for the days when buses would line up in the lay-by in Blackboy Road ready to take supporters to the 4 corners of the city at the end of the match with cheap fares

Colesman Ballz

Oh for the days when buses would line up in the lay-by in Blackboy Road ready to take supporters to the 4 corners of the city at the end of the match with cheap fares
There are still some of the old Exeter Corporation Transport buses around. Pre pandemic there was annual Sunday running session each year on some routes. Free of charge too, as legally they couldn't accept fares, although they did accept donations towards running and restoration costs. I've even seem a couple of the old Green and Cream double deckers used regularly in Cheltenham, running a courtesy service to events on the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Steam Railway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm too young to remember the trams lined up to take spectators to and from the game :)

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

I'm too young to remedy the trams lined up to take spectators to and from the game :)
Given that the last tram ran in August 1931, I wonder if the Exeweb Census will throw up any members who possibly did witness it ? :unsure:

denzel

Oh well, I think I might be considering ifollow more for evening matches when this comes in.

Memphis09

Well that’s another nail in the city centre then
Don’t complain when there are loads of empty shops