• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb age census

How old are you

• 0-18 (sort it out Caldwell)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 19-30 (sort it out Tisdale)

Votes: 20 10.5%
  • 31-50 (sort it out Bally)

Votes: 74 38.9%
  • 51-70 (sort it out Saxton)

Votes: 78 41.1%
  • 71 + (sort it out Chadwick)

Votes: 17 8.9%

• Total voters

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's an age thing.
Sadly yes :(

Chadwick's Syndrome By Proxy

Radio Free Skaro

Is Exeweb the new vinyl?!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeweb’s success and improvements have come about from losing a handful of contributors, who could not resist the temptation to abuse others.

The keyboard warriors departure has left a very nice community behind.
This is spot on. Exeweb has improved massively over the last decade thanks to some very good moderating. Hope Elon Musk doesn't get involved.

InMyBlood

I dragged them to Pompey last weekend but couldn't persuade them to join me at MK today. They were born in London and support Chelsea and Arsenal and Exeter is only where grandma lives.
Both of mine born in London but have managed to get them to use 'we' when talking about City. I was hoping to get the youngest to Charlton, as she hasn't been yet, which was cancelled and then Portsmouth, as her best friend's dad is Pompey, but I wasn't organised in time.
The oldest's first 4 matches we were unbeaten which was blatantly unfair as my childhood was watching us from '82 on!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is some interesting debate on this forum, I think it’s improved over the past couple of years.
One of the large FB groups around the football club is full of absolute drivel most of the time. I left it.
exeweb is the font of knowledge with reason in comparison 😎
Example of said drivel on a FB group. Someone said spending £3million on a new building at the cat and fiddle was a waste of money. His solution? A lick of paint to the old building which would've cost £25,000 max 🤔

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
This is spot on. Exeweb has improved massively over the last decade thanks to some very good moderating. Hope Elon Musk doesn't get involved.
Dammit.
* cancels sale *

iscalad

Dammit.
* cancels sale *
Yeh, but the first thing he would have done would be to sack all the mods.
We are somewhat fond of you, even the one(whoever it was) that deleted my post for being off topic.

STURTZ

Perhaps the club shop could introduce City slippers and cardigans, the type with big leather buttons like footballs.

Alistair20000

Yeh, but the first thing he would have done would be to sack all the mods.
We are somewhat fond of you, even the one(whoever it was) that deleted my post for being off topic.
I had one of those yesterday too. Probably Hants.

WXF

Example of said drivel on a FB group. Someone said spending £3million on a new building at the cat and fiddle was a waste of money. His solution? A lick of paint to the old building which would've cost £25,000 max 🤔
The difference in chat quality between Exeweb and social media is striking and - especially with Facebook - counterintuitive. Facebook has an older user-ship profile and no one’s supposed to enjoy anonymity on it, yet fans frequently type bullocks there about ECFC issues, whereas many enjoy anonymity here, but tend to be much more thoughtful. Guess it’s partly due to the longer discussion format that, despite social media trends, means Exeweb remains a home for the really committed which, in the Trust era, maintains an extra level of importance.

IMO, being an Exeweb member is (generally) a signifier of not age but fan maturity. The site is a really important part of the supporter ecosystem, and long may it continue. The moderators deserve our thanks